Best Choice of Paid PDF editor (Acrobat vs Nitro Pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
I have 2 choices for purchasing a PDF editor.

1) Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro Student & Teacher edition (which would qualify me for a free upgrade to Adobe Acrobat DC (latest release)- but this will quickly become a SaaS model. It is becoming Office 365.

2) Nitro Pro 10

They will cost me approximately the same price.

Security is obviously critical. Functionality, performance and features as well as accessability are important to me though as well. They will both cost me about the same. Nitro Pro will Provide support for about 3 years (critical fixes only)
Their Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

Which one would you guys choose? Nitro Pro v10 should be due for release very soon.

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo
D

Deleted member 178

i will go for adobe even if it is "less" safe and becomes bloated, but as Office, everybody use it and compatibility is the first requirement from a professional point of view. About security , you are in this forum so it is lesser hindrance , you can cover this with security knowledge.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
i will go for adobe even if it is "less" safe and becomes bloated, but as Office, everybody use it and compatibility is the first requirement from a professional point of view. About security , you are in this forum so it is lesser hindrance , you can cover this with security knowledge.

Thank you for the fast reply Umbra! :D

To Clarify, I already own a copy of Office 2013 ProPlus and Home and Business

You say you would choose Adobe Reader over Nitro Pro 10 because of the large user base and the fact that almost every company uses it. Both integrate into Microsoft Office ribbons, etc.

I was also concerned with Adobe's support lifecycle. All I could find from Adobe is that it will be yearly updates. I would be trying to purchase the Academic Edition (v11) and qualifying for the free upgrade to the perpetual version of Adobe Acrobat DC (v12), which is Offered in both perpetual and subscription based offers. I would choose Perpetual. The only updates available for perpetual (and affordable licenses) are security and bugfixes. The max critical update/bugfix period is 5 years (no info on current version, based on v11).

Nitro uses ZenDesk w/ a 2 hour response time. I am leaning towards them. Unfortunately, likely functionality will be limited to some extent.

Do you use Acrobat in your workplace? Did you have to get certified? I am a year from graduation w/ an Info Sys degree.

D

Deleted member 178

i don't create much pdf now but when i did , i was glad that i and people receiving my created pdf never had issues to read/edit them.

not saying the creation process is quite fast and easy with adobe.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
What are the features that you are looking for, so that I'd be able to suggest if a freeware software could do the same job.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually if its a security concern then its not from Adobe Reader, something alternative like Foxit Reader, Nitro (as mentioned) and Sumatra.

But in terms of features and services you may go to Adobe Reader unless if everything are simple task then from other programs.

Usually free version should be fine to you and all are very same regarding to PDF capabilities.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
For the best editing of PDF text almost as easy and flexible like Microsoft Word (maybe almost 90%), nothing beats INFIX PDF Editor. If you write a review for their product, they will even give you a free license. Just go to their website at Iceni.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
What are the features that you are looking for, so that I'd be able to suggest if a freeware software could do the same job.

All of features of Nitro PDF's (they also have A cloud similar to DocuSign). I need something with good OCR recognition and that is compatible with Text-To-Speech software (Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium v13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.