Best combination of FREE AV + Firewall. What is yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kong

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I would like to know what will be your best combination of FREE AV + Firewall?

The criteria are simple, both AV and firewall must be 100% free for life, AV must come with real-time scanning engine, there are some free version of AVs but without real-time scan, they will not be considered here.

Previously, I was using free version Comodo IS(for several years until issue with my Win 8), their firewall is the best I can find.

360 TS has constant high detection rates in malwares-pack thread, so I will take it into the pair.

Thus my best combination of FREE AV + Firewall is:

360 TS + Comodo Firewall

Now share yours and why do you choose so?

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I really don't like comodo don't know why but I just don't like it.
I'll comment Qihoo + Emsisoft Online Armor. haven't tried but will comment this.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Avast Free and Comodo Firewall worked just fine for me, there was just slight hiccup, comodo was constantly hitting dll file responsible for regional language settings. Tried it 2 times with year apart and problem occurred both times, while a lot of people on comodo forum reported that problem it wasn't solved in time. So as I said Avast+OA is trusted combo for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.