Best computer chair/office chair

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
A few years ago I was in a visit to my friend, he called me to see where he is working. 3 chars were in his office, and he insisted me to sit in his chair. So much comfortableness and sturdiness in one simple chair. Back then I wasn't aware that a chair can be that much expensive, and the first time I heard of Herman Miller, cannot recall the model...

Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

1qay1qay

Level 1
Verified
Apr 17, 2016
I do use this from polnilne baterije store. Cheap and efficient solution

e526e85e9ad128b9db14555059a2a4c6.png

Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I have been looking at this chair:

Work Smart ECH31826-EC3

I read the quality is well above the price someplace but can't find the reviews. These Work Smart chairs seem a good option...

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl

A few years ago I was in a visit to my friend, called me to see where he works. 3 chars were in his office, and he insisted me to sit in his chair. So much comfortableness and sturdiness in one simple chair. Back then I wasn't aware that a chair can be that much expensive, and the first time I heard of Herman Miller, cannot recall the model...

Herman Miller, Knoll, Charles Eames, others from the 1940s through 1960s can be worth a small fortune. Certain early bookcases can sell upwards of $40,000. Same with early Euro designers. Finn Juhl, UMS Pastoe, Rasmussen, Mogens Koch... too many to list.

The collector market for the early stuff is bonkerz. A chair can be more valuable than a Ferrari.

Makes $1,500 for a new chair of the same design and original manufacturer seem like a bargain.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Herman Miller, Knoll, Charles Eames, others from the 1940s through 1960s can be worth a small fortune. Certain early bookcases can sell upwards of $40,000. Same with early Euro designers. Finn Juhl, UMS Pastoe, Rasmussen, Mogens Koch... too many to list.

The collector market for the early stuff is bonkerz. A chair can be more valuable than a Ferrari.

Makes $1,500 for a new chair of the same design and original manufacturer seem like a bargain.
If the job requires a full-time sitting then a good investment in the chair must be an imperative. I think that people don't pay too much attention but it is as important as the bed where you sleep.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks well I sit in my chair at least 6 or 8 hours + a day so how much do you think I should spend ?
You shouldn't be sitting for that long. :p If you sat for 2 hours, 4 hours or 10 hours, you should find a seat comfortable and supportive not based on price. See other replies for the best solution.

Reactions: askmark and SHvFl

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
When I went to the show room, the only chair I felt was comfortable was a super cheap one, with hard plastic arms. I put towels on the arms (eventually my wife sewed ingenious "sleeves" that hold the towels on the chair's arms) and I have been using it for years and years. It seems like it will live forever.
Money does not always buy you happiness, at least when it comes to chairs.

Reactions: SHvFl and ng4ever

Fonda Bellamy

Level 1
Verified
Apr 24, 2017
I am using High back Mesh chair, before I was using slide chair. Due to improper back support I use to get back pain and I always complained about it to my father. So one day he asked me to view online about the mesh chair and I did check for it. I listed out the advantages of it and most importantly due to high back rest, the back pain issue will be solved. So I ended up buying High back mesh chair.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Ok I bought a Steelcase Gesture brand new from Amazon.com so I could get the 12 year warranty! Have 30 days to return it too if I don't like it!

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Ok I bought a Steelcase Gesture brand new from Amazon.com so I could get the 12 year warranty! Have 30 days to return it too if I don't like it!
Sorry I guess I am late to reply here. But as I gone through the chair you listed and ordered, It seems to lack lumbar support which is a crucial ergonomic feature for any chair.
Without a Lumbar support I wouldn't call it a chair. I took myself in discovery of variety of chairs for my purpose and I came to this: Mika Study Chair - Urban Ladder
Believe it or not, this is the best decision I made in setting up my workspace. It has all the necessary and fancy features which are essential for a chair to be ergonomic.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.