Best computer chair/office chair

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Aug 30, 2012
A few years ago I was in a visit to my friend, he called me to see where he is working. 3 chars were in his office, and he insisted me to sit in his chair. So much comfortableness and sturdiness in one simple chair. Back then I wasn't aware that a chair can be that much expensive, and the first time I heard of Herman Miller, cannot recall the model...

Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

1qay1qay

Level 1
Apr 17, 2016
I do use this from polnilne baterije store. Cheap and efficient solution

e526e85e9ad128b9db14555059a2a4c6.png

Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

AtlBo

Level 27
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 29, 2014
I have been looking at this chair:

Work Smart ECH31826-EC3

I read the quality is well above the price someplace but can't find the reviews. These Work Smart chairs seem a good option...

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl

A few years ago I was in a visit to my friend, called me to see where he works. 3 chars were in his office, and he insisted me to sit in his chair. So much comfortableness and sturdiness in one simple chair. Back then I wasn't aware that a chair can be that much expensive, and the first time I heard of Herman Miller, cannot recall the model...

Herman Miller, Knoll, Charles Eames, others from the 1940s through 1960s can be worth a small fortune. Certain early bookcases can sell upwards of $40,000. Same with early Euro designers. Finn Juhl, UMS Pastoe, Rasmussen, Mogens Koch... too many to list.

The collector market for the early stuff is bonkerz. A chair can be more valuable than a Ferrari.

Makes $1,500 for a new chair of the same design and original manufacturer seem like a bargain.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Aug 30, 2012
Herman Miller, Knoll, Charles Eames, others from the 1940s through 1960s can be worth a small fortune. Certain early bookcases can sell upwards of $40,000. Same with early Euro designers. Finn Juhl, UMS Pastoe, Rasmussen, Mogens Koch... too many to list.

The collector market for the early stuff is bonkerz. A chair can be more valuable than a Ferrari.

Makes $1,500 for a new chair of the same design and original manufacturer seem like a bargain.
If the job requires a full-time sitting then a good investment in the chair must be an imperative. I think that people don't pay too much attention but it is as important as the bed where you sleep.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks well I sit in my chair at least 6 or 8 hours + a day so how much do you think I should spend ?
You shouldn't be sitting for that long. :p If you sat for 2 hours, 4 hours or 10 hours, you should find a seat comfortable and supportive not based on price. See other replies for the best solution.

Reactions: askmark and SHvFl

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Jul 3, 2015
When I went to the show room, the only chair I felt was comfortable was a super cheap one, with hard plastic arms. I put towels on the arms (eventually my wife sewed ingenious "sleeves" that hold the towels on the chair's arms) and I have been using it for years and years. It seems like it will live forever.
Money does not always buy you happiness, at least when it comes to chairs.

Reactions: SHvFl and ng4ever

Fonda Bellamy

Level 1
Apr 24, 2017
I am using High back Mesh chair, before I was using slide chair. Due to improper back support I use to get back pain and I always complained about it to my father. So one day he asked me to view online about the mesh chair and I did check for it. I listed out the advantages of it and most importantly due to high back rest, the back pain issue will be solved. So I ended up buying High back mesh chair.

ng4ever

Level 14
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Ok I bought a Steelcase Gesture brand new from Amazon.com so I could get the 12 year warranty! Have 30 days to return it too if I don't like it!

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Trusted
Aug 3, 2013
Ok I bought a Steelcase Gesture brand new from Amazon.com so I could get the 12 year warranty! Have 30 days to return it too if I don't like it!
Sorry I guess I am late to reply here. But as I gone through the chair you listed and ordered, It seems to lack lumbar support which is a crucial ergonomic feature for any chair.
Without a Lumbar support I wouldn't call it a chair. I took myself in discovery of variety of chairs for my purpose and I came to this: Mika Study Chair - Urban Ladder
Believe it or not, this is the best decision I made in setting up my workspace. It has all the necessary and fancy features which are essential for a chair to be ergonomic.