Best eBanking Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hello all,
I'm new to this very very interesting forum. during my test with new and old AV software, I found a new application from BitDefender 2013: SafePay! this is a really minimal browser for ebanking sites. I really like this application and the concept of isolate the ebanking communication from other installed software (known & "unknown")
In my currently settings, I've Comodo CIS with EAM installed... Due to the fact that BitDefender doesn't allow concurrent AV, there's a solution for a browser dedicated to ebanking communication from the rest of internet traffic?

thank you a lot

Nick

D

Deleted member 178

Not really a browser but a program designed for banking:

Trusteer rapport

http://www.trusteer.com/learn

Trusteer Rapport takes a unique approach that adds real value on top of your current security software. When you connect to your bank online, Rapport does three main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you:

Rapport verifies that you are really connected to the bank’s genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals. Although this sounds trivial, it’s not obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type your bank’s address into your web browser
Once verification is complete, Rapport locks down communication between your computer and the bank’s website. This prevents criminals from hijacking your online connection with the bank
Rapport protects your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication with your bank, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your log-in data and tamper with transactions

Rapport takes several additional steps in the background to further improve security. If you are interested in reading about them, click here. For a complete FAQ about Rapport, please click here.

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hi Umbrapolaris,
thank you very much for your reply. I didn't know this application... I will download right now and try it.

thank you

Nick

D

Deleted member 178

No problem :D , just give us some feedback and your experience with it, like resource usage, usability, etc...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you download Trusteer Rapport from your banking website, you may be offered more slots for protected websites.

Another ID Protection software is Prevx SafeOnline (for Facebook users), you can get it FREE from this link:
http://www.prevx.com/safebook.asp

Comodo Internet Security can protect you against Keyloggers, but just make sure the authenticity of the site you're visiting is safe and secure.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
There is also HitmanPro Alert.
http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/alert

Also if your a person that doesn't keep up with updates use chrome since it auto updates the browser and flash programs.

D

Deleted member 178

Still in beta so not recommended now for optimal security.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Not sure Trusteer is any more optimal than Hitman
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Trusteer-Rapport-easily-bypassed-virtually-useless

D

Deleted member 178

hahaha yes ^^

btw i use OAP with anti-logger and banking mode feature :D

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
I didn't mean to dump on Trusteer, in truth you could have the most secure pc in the world and it wouldn't matter if your bank itself gets hacked. Just ask all those banks that lost millions of euro's.

D

Deleted member 178

yes, i can say this analogy: you can have all the anti-collision systems and airbags/seatbelt in your car, if a huge truck hit you , you will be dead meat :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.