Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
I already use the following extensions:

avast! Online Security
WOT (Web of Trust)
No Script
Disconnect
HTTPS Everywhere
Bluhell Firewall (it's not an actual firewall)
Ghostery

I want extensions that will help security and privacy, but not slow down my system too much.

Thank you in advance!

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
ublock, Cyscon Phishing Protection and no script in my opinion are enough. firefox should be use in sandboxie.

:)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I found bluhell does the same as ublock just not as aggressive. disconnect does what ghostery does. no script and https everywhere, work probably well together.

uBlock prevents adds perfect, but things like speednet.org dont function naturally so I stopped using it, but its a good blocker and much smoother and lighter then adblock plus.

I like using WOT + Disconnect + Bluhell and thats all I'm using right now.

Https is great, but like uBlock or Noscript, I have to make adjustments to make the pages load and work, with flash, videos and games etc.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Ad-guard(Blocks ad & consume least resources in comparison of AdBlock, AdBlock-Plus & uBlock).

Yes Ad-guard's the best one IMO... but its not on Firefox.

It works with both Chrome and Opera.

Reactions: Moose

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I already use the following extensions:

avast! Online Security
WOT (Web of Trust)
No Script
Disconnect
HTTPS Everywhere
Bluhell Firewall (it's not an actual firewall)
Ghostery

I want extensions that will help security and privacy, but not slow down my system too much.

Thank you in advance!
Extensions will not slowdown your system, but in order it will slow your Application(Browser) itself. Over my personal experience, I am currently the Firefox user and I have Issues that I am not bothered. But still I can provide some real tips for optimizing your browser as well as its security.
All those addons are unnecessary. Choose only what is necessary.
Yes you need an AdBlocker firstly and make your selection wisely by choosing a lightweight and application friendly. If I was you I would choose a real time application like AdGuard which would protect all browsers . If you dont wish to have a real time app then you may opt to choose uBlock Origin or AdGuard browser extension which would give you some good responsiveness of you browser and its speed.

Secondly you may keep HTTPS Everywhere which allows you to encrypt the web sites which you visit from your browser.
No requirement of Ghostery because Firefox's Privacy customization would help you and has its own similar kind of feature
And WOT is a good choice too, I guess you how that works.

And My Final List Is:
AdBlocker (uBlock Origin / AdGuard)
HTTPS Everywhere
A Good Password Manager (Lastpass)
A Good Real TIme AV Protection.

With these in the list your browser must work smoothly and efficiently.
If you still wish to customize you browser here is a great tutorial on how to setup it:
A Few Tips to Make Your Firefox Fast

Reactions: Hangtooth and Moose

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
In Cyberfox x64 Intel i prefer Adguard, ublock origin and Ghostery as ad blockers because they don't slow the browser.
No script is another extension that i like but it's slowing a bit my browsing that's why i don't use it right now.
The same with No script apllies to HTTPS Everywhere.
Disconect is another extension that i found useful but when i am using i notice that pges take more time to load so for the time being i decided not to use it. I will try in the future again.
@harlan4096 thanks for the tip about SSleuth i didn't knew it but i will give it a try the following days.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If I will use Firefox or in related browsers, only two addons at all and that's HTTPS Everywhere and Adguard Extension.

Straightforward tools without any unnecessary components. ;)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Firefox using uBlock Origin + uMatrix + Self-destructing cookies, with custom settings
Also manually configure the firefox to turn off some settings (should be able to find it somewhere in MT, I know cause I use that one)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.