Best Firefox Security & Privacy Extensions

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I use only Ad Block plus and it works really well. No slowdown no false positive like uBlock.

P.S. I generally do not visit malicious sites and since I use Norton's DNS even if I visit some generally it blocks it.

I find using DNS is a better approach since it does not use my system resource ;)

Reactions: Moose

OC-Rat11

Level 1
Nov 16, 2015
Cool thread. I'm familiar with and have most of these extensions mentioned.

However, I'm surprised that there's no mention of the Better Privacy extension for wiping out LSO's when closing out of the browser. Is that considered not needed these days?

Reactions: harlan4096

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Cool thread. I'm familiar with and have most of these extensions mentioned.

However, I'm surprised that there's no mention of the Better Privacy extension for wiping out LSO's when closing out of the browser. Is that considered not needed these days?

I use it, but it depends on the user itself. It is a nice extension and it's very useful when you want to do a complete clean of cache & cookies from time to time. That's the use I give it to it, and it works like a charm.

Reactions: OC-Rat11

OC-Rat11

Level 1
Nov 16, 2015
I use it, but it depends on the user itself. It is a nice extension and it's very useful when you want to do a complete clean of cache & cookies from time to time. That's the use I give it to it, and it works like a charm.

Thanks. I have the settings on it to automatically clean them out every time I close out of the browser. Works like a charm for me too.

Reactions: darko999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.