Status
Not open for further replies.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I'm going to install Windows 8.1 and will be using Windows Defender
Should I use Windows Firewall? or what I heard that outpost firewall is good?
When you say X is better than D say or you prefer X than D, tell why if its possible

Tell your opinion.

damolin

Nov 23, 2014
i find tinywall to work fine and dose not slow my system down or give any of the programs any problems to use. you do have to configure tinywall to the way you want to use it and the good thing is its only a few click of a button.

i also use qihoo 360 total security and my step father uses the mac version he found it easy and he knows nothng about computer www.360safe.com i also use baidu antivirs along side of it and still dont findmy system to slow down with the test i have done on my pc. there is another firewall you could look at glasswire www.glasswire.com. Let me know what you guys think of glasswire please.

remember one thing choose the firewall and antivirus that works for you do your reseacher first and test to make sure the firewall and antiviruse is work and is working for you and your system i choose to use 360safe because it have 5 antivirus engines in it one being bitdefender and avira. also be safe on the net never go to sites you dont know and vpn is another way to be safe on the net.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
With Windows 8/8.1 a lot has changed with regards to firewall. It is impossible to update the MS store apps with the windows firewall service disabled. So if you want a firewall for windows 8.1 I would suggest keep using the built-in firewall. Even outpost firewall does not disable the windows 8/8.1 firewall service upon instillation for compatibility reasons.

That being said I do use Outpost Firewall Pro for its HIPS and Network monitoring capabilities and also as I do not use Windows store or the Metro Interface for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.