Best Free and Online Backup Software

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Hello everyone, what is the best free and safe online backup solution?

Thank you in advance :)

Regards,
AMR

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Online? you usually get a baseline of 2GB only. Remember these are cloud services.

One Drive
Google Drive
Dropbox
Mozy
ADrive

Reactions: Rishi

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Some services do not have encryption or have data size limitations.
One I found to have it all and free : JustCloud unlimited data,automation,multiple device syncing,encryption.
Personally, used to using Mediafire which offers 50GB for the free account.It also has a built in Bitdefender virus scan.

Last edited:

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Encryption + unlimited space = perfect backup service. But according to this review on PCmag JustCloud , *JustCloud doesn't actually offer the "unlimited" space that it advertises*
Thanks for bringing it to my notice :) it seems the service terms have changed, since I had used it successfully for a 1.5 GB upload way back in Jan.Mediafire it is then.

Last edited:
Reactions: mal1

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I use only free variants of these cloud services:
Cubby (5gb for free)
Pcloud (10gb for free + 1 if you install desktop client)
Onedrive (7gb if i remember well)
Copy.com (15gb for free)

I also used Wuala, but that isn't free anymore.

Reactions: Rishi

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mega is very good on implementation of security in uploading backup files conducted by users, others are stick to the trend of 256 SSL and sometimes vulnerabilities occur to crack them out.

But you know, everything which are came on known company to implement this backup category are safe just don't upload sensitive files.

Reactions: kev216

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Mega is very good on implementation of security in uploading backup files conducted by users, others are stick to the trend of 256 SSL and sometimes vulnerabilities occur to crack them out.

But you know, everything which are came on known company to implement this backup category are safe just don't upload sensitive files.
That is true. The safest thing is still a hard disk in your house if you want to be 100% sure with your private files. But that assuming that your house doesnt burn down of course :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.