Best Free Software [Nomination thread]

siriuscat

Level 1
Feb 26, 2016
This has been a useful thread for us noobs - several prog's mentioned that I shall look into.
With that in mind, although perhaps I am going against the intent of the thread, I feel like mentioning my top 3 that _haven't_ been mentioned yet that others may want to consider:

1. Glary Utilities
2. EditPad Lite
3. Free Download Manager

Honorable mentions: FastStone Image Viewer (Oh, I see it's been mentioned once) and FreeMake Video Downloader.

I hope I haven't annoyed anyone too much.

AvikB

Apr 20, 2016
My top 3, couldn't live without them.

Keepass (really no one mentioned it?)
MusicBee (Nothing comes close to this wonderful music player)
Opera Mail (thunder bird is #####, and outlook 2013 has the worst rendering of email)

Reactions: Der.Reisende

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This has been a useful thread for us noobs - several prog's mentioned that I shall look into.
With that in mind, although perhaps I am going against the intent of the thread, I feel like mentioning my top 3 that _haven't_ been mentioned yet that others may want to consider:

1. Glary Utilities
2. EditPad Lite
3. Free Download Manager

Honorable mentions: FastStone Image Viewer (Oh, I see it's been mentioned once) and FreeMake Video Downloader.

I hope I haven't annoyed anyone too much.

You are free to choose any software you like. There are no restrictions as long as it's free and not an anti-virus/malware.

Only 2 more hours left for nominations, and the poll thread will be open after that.

Question: Out of 10 choices how many do you want an individual to multi-vote in the poll thread?

D

Deleted member 2913

I think Poll shouldn't be a multi choice poll. The final results will be more clear as to which software users voted most i.e if they have 2 or more favs they had to decide on 1 to vote.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I think Poll shouldn't be a multi choice poll. The final results will be more clear as to which software users voted most i.e if they have 2 or more favs they had to decide on 1 to vote.

It was hard for you to pick 3 nominations and asked for 5. :D What if the same arises if a user uses all 10 of the programs in the poll :)

D

Deleted member 2913

It was hard for you to pick 3 nominations and asked for 5. :D What if the same arises if a user uses all 10 of the programs in the poll :)
Both are different. First scenario is your favourite programs so multiple listing is fine but second scenario is vote for winner or top 1,2,3... so single vote is better.
Single vote gives you more clear results i.e you get to know users may liked 2 programs kinda equal but the one came on no.1 spot was liked by the users better than the others i.e with single vote there will be more or clear difference between number or percentage of votes between programs came at no.1,2,3......

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
SUMo - Simply the best (fast and reliable) software updates monitor application.
Sandboxie - My first line of defense, so far impenetrable.
Ccleaner - I like its interface and performance.

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I loved SUMo so much I bought a lifetime license! The new upcoming features will be well worth it and even the features now are worth it!

BTW I like the new forum look at first I didn't think I was on the right forum

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.