Advice Request Best Free Softwares for Windows

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Is this for real, never heard of it before?

I use Kaspersky AV FRee, it has 'Removable Drive Scan', and have it set to run a 'Detailed Scan'
Any decent AV will already protect you against USB malware, you don't need this. I haven't used it for a long-2 time
PS always disable Autorun and Autoplay for removable drives in windows settings.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I have used this app for many years, it's an information and toolbar. It looks much better than in this screenshot.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 165943.png

InfoBar is based on MiTeC System Information Component Suite.

Main window is Windows-taskbar-like window with auto hide feature. There are displayed most important information about your computer.
When switched on News Ticker feed by RSS Reader is displayed with scrolling news from your favorite websites.

Information shown from left to right
  • Sun and moon astronomical information
  • Current Weather Conditions
  • Event Coundown
  • System Up-Time
  • Power Supply
  • Disk Information
  • Network Traffic
  • CPU Usage
  • Process with highest CPU Usage
  • Memory Usage
  • Day name and Date
  • Current Time
  • Keyboard locks
InfoBar01.png

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
It's been around for some time, but has a very low detection rate. As already mentioned, you really don't need an app like this.
Yeah, in fact, such tools are no longer needed from a very long time (maybe from the era when these were quite popular like - MCShield 3, USBFix and Flash_Disinfector and Panda USB Vaccine). Ah, nostalgia. :)
I have used this app for many years, it's an information and toolbar. It looks much better than in this screenshot.
InfoBar is based on MiTeC System Information Component Suite.
I like them as well. I am using WSCC Portable x64 to keep them updated. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.