Advice Request Best Free Softwares for Windows

Other software
490 Replies 153,605 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
Is this for real, never heard of it before?

I use Kaspersky AV FRee, it has 'Removable Drive Scan', and have it set to run a 'Detailed Scan'
Any decent AV will already protect you against USB malware, you don't need this. I haven't used it for a long-2 time
PS always disable Autorun and Autoplay for removable drives in windows settings.
 
I have used this app for many years, it's an information and toolbar. It looks much better than in this screenshot.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 165943.png

InfoBar is based on MiTeC System Information Component Suite.

Main window is Windows-taskbar-like window with auto hide feature. There are displayed most important information about your computer.
When switched on News Ticker feed by RSS Reader is displayed with scrolling news from your favorite websites.

Information shown from left to right
  • Sun and moon astronomical information
  • Current Weather Conditions
  • Event Coundown
  • System Up-Time
  • Power Supply
  • Disk Information
  • Network Traffic
  • CPU Usage
  • Process with highest CPU Usage
  • Memory Usage
  • Day name and Date
  • Current Time
  • Keyboard locks
InfoBar01.png


 
It's been around for some time, but has a very low detection rate. As already mentioned, you really don't need an app like this.
Yeah, in fact, such tools are no longer needed from a very long time (maybe from the era when these were quite popular like - MCShield 3, USBFix and Flash_Disinfector and Panda USB Vaccine). Ah, nostalgia. :)
I have used this app for many years, it's an information and toolbar. It looks much better than in this screenshot.
InfoBar is based on MiTeC System Information Component Suite.
I like them as well. I am using WSCC Portable x64 to keep them updated. :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top