Battle Best Indian antivirus company

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
K7 products are now free, until the coronavirus crisis is over and they increased the number of daily signatures updates too.

I just registered for a free license and this was in the confirmation email.
This is a pretty cool offer!
With all the malware extorting the Corona crisis, it's great to see a company offering temporary free protection.
I already bought two lic half a year ago, but I will profit from the raised number of signature updates (they did provide them hourly before, which was already good IMO).
I like the product a lot, both for lightweightness and unobtrusiveness as well pretty good protection, at least if you customize the settings. I further improved it by blacklisting common hollowed M$ processes in K7 Firewall which usually do not need any outbound.
(Side note: I just realized till end of April, it's actually 4 weeks, I cannot remember for sure, but I think it's actually the trial period...)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
(Side note: I just realized till end of April, it's actually 4 weeks, I cannot remember for sure, but I think it's actually the trial period...)
Yes that is the trial period. I hasn't registered when I first posted and then added that information later. Time will tell if they extend the offer. However, you can buy licenses for literally just a few dollars, from Amazon India.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Yes that is the trial period. I hasn't registered when I first posted and then added that information later. Time will tell if they extend the offer. However, you can buy licenses for literally just a few dollars, from Amazon India.
I bought two on eBay, as the K7 shop wasn't working that time and my trial expired that day.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've got a spare K7 Internet Security license. If anyone's interested, message me. It's a one year license which I purchased this morning.

It's an old product that is still on v15, whereas their other products are now at v16, but someone may have a use for it. I didn't realise this when I bought it.

Edit. I've given the license away.

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I had quite good exp with Escan.No doubt with its decade errated interface but it's protection rules quite well.

BB is quite good.Also one of the few products that blocked Locky and few more at early hours proactively. I personally tested it's BB.Quite appreciable.
It's phishing protection is zero , it's Mal URL blocking is so so..with so so BD signatures.
Personally I prefer K7, though for using their own technologies, it did improve over the years.But still lags compared to leaders

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I had quite good exp with Escan.No doubt with its decade errated interface but it's protection rules quite well.

BB is quite good.Also one of the few products that blocked Locky and few more at early hours proactively. I personally tested it's BB.Quite appreciable.
It's phishing protection is zero , it's Mal URL blocking is so so..with so so BD signatures.
Personally I prefer K7, though for using their own technologies, it did improve over the years.But still lags compared to leaders
Welcome back! I really missed your insightful comments.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.