Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The simplest choice you've to make is between the two:
  • An anti-executable with AI recommendations (& Blacklist scan). Nothing more, nothing less.
  • A dedicated Anti-ransomware to detect and possibly revert ransomware attack.
And you make your choice between the two!
I would suggest VDS + Avast (without Hardened mode, since that is what you're preferably using). Just be ears to the alerts of VDS and you'll be quite safe with this combo.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I would say Voodoshield. Remember to turn off Hardened Mode in Avast in case you go with VS, to avoid possible slowdowns.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I think u don't need vs u can use Rehips for free and Rehips is stronger than vs.
u got sandbox with Avast so u don't need REHIPS sandbox for daily usage.
Rehips=comodo+vs
u can run everything in the avast sandbox and use rehips to auto sandbox unknown applications like Comodo sandbox but the point is rehips isn't buggy:D
but for your question i guess vs

Reactions: BearHug

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
You can honestly use Avast Free. (The tweaks can still be applied.) Voodooshield and Kaspersky Anti-Ransomeware are pretty decent products, choice is up to you. Test how they preform on your system and if you don't like them stick with Avast. :)

Reactions: BearHug

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.