Verified
Dec 30, 2016
i got many giveaway for system Optimization and tried some on windows 10

1- advanced system care pro 10
2- wise care 365
3-ashampoo WinOptimizer 2017
every one of them do some repair different from each
i see no affection on system

and wait for kerish doctor if i win a giveaway to try as i red that this app more effective than the other

in your opinion which one better if run it with start up
or disable all from start up and use them when need

also for register maintenance does ScanMyReg 2.2 good app to have - there is giveaway choose from app and i compere witch app to have and this one in the list -

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

Harigat

Level 1
Jun 8, 2014
i got many giveaway for system Optimization and tried some on windows 10

1- advanced system care pro 10
2- wise care 365
3-ashampoo WinOptimizer 2017
every one of them do some repair different from each
i see no affection on system

and wait for kerish doctor if i win a giveaway to try as i red that this app more effective than the other

in your opinion which one better if run it with start up
or disable all from start up and use them when need

also for register maintenance does ScanMyReg 2.2 good app to have - there is giveaway choose from app and i compere witch app to have and this one in the list -
If I were you, I wouldn't use anything. Windows 10 runs smooth and fast on my PC without any optimizers since many months.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Whats the main purpose of optimization?
You don't need any optimizations if u have sufficient amount of Ram in your PC so it gives room to multitask.

The best optimization that anyone can perform is implementing an SSD.

If you experience lag in browsing internet or some of ur windows files then use the system default tools which does the same job of optimizers. If u lack with time, try CCleaner or Wise Disk cleaner. Wise Care 365 is featured with too many unnecessary implementations for Windows 10 OS.
Windows 10 is Fast, Secure and Easy than any OS that I have used until now!

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
First option would be to upgrade to atleast 8 gigs or more RAM and an SSD either SATA or PCIe. If you want to tweak, use tools that won't break your system, one SW that comes to my mind is Simple system tweaker which is a freeware and win 10 manager a paid version. Both are good. Aside from these tweaks, use defragging SW every month or every 6 months to optimise your drive.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Honestly, I'd stay away from optimizers. I used them up to Windows 7 myself and even there, in the end they broke more things than they fixed.

Modern operating systems are such a huge jenga tower, I wouldn't trust automated programs to arbitrarily tear out bits and pieces and expect that method to leave everything intact on an unlimited number of individual configurations.

Keep in mind that those programs need to justify their existence so they'll always have to "optimize" something, even if it isn't needed.

(The situation may have been different up to and including Windows XP, but I think M$ finally has their ducks mostly in a row themselves as to keeping things up and running and I wouldn't meddle with that too much.)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
for register maintenance does ScanMyReg 2.2 good app to have - there is giveaway choose from app and i compere witch app to have and this one in the list -
ScanMy Reg has issue with false positives, which means it may delete some needed regustry keys. As a result I highly recommened that you don't use it. Also, it's important to understand that you never actually need to perform any registry maintenance. Windows has designed the registry in such a way that excess registry keys won't slow down your system. In actual real world usage, it is exceptionally rare for a registry cleaner to speed up your computer. Also, it's almost just as rare for cleaning the registry to actually fix any issues you have with your computer. A registry cleaner may find, hundreds, or even thousands of so called errors, but 99.9 percent of the time, they simply do no matter, and won't be slowing down your computer or causing problems. To make matters worse, almost all registry cleaners (even well known and trusted ones) will delete needed registry keys. Even the registry cleaner in CCleaner has very occasional issues with false positives.

With regard to the other programs you mentioned. You say, that you saw no affect after running them. Were you trying to make your computer faster, or fix problems? Software like these are not always going to make much of a difference in system performance. Also, Wise Care has occasional issues with false positives, which means occasionally it may delete needed registry keys. However, Advanced SystemCare and WinOptimizer are both safe to use. If you are running them to try and fix problems, it's rare for tools like these to ever fix any problems. If you have problems with Windows, then I highly recommend using Windows Repair from tweaking.com, as it can actually fix a lot of issues with Windows.

Kerish Doctor works very well, and the trial version is fully functional, so you can try it and see if it helps. Also, it has the benefit that it can actually fix some problems.

If your computer is running slowly, there are few things to consider which may be slowing it down:
Security software. Some antivirus software will cause very noticable slowdowns on some systems (which you can fix my switching toa different antivirus). Also, for the most part, you should never have more than one antivirus installed. What antivirus are you running?

Not enough RAM. You usually need at least 4GB of RAM installed. How much RAM does your computer have?

Also, your computer will run a lot faster if you replace your hard drive with a SSD.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
None.

Get better hardware:
  • Upgrade from HDD to SSD.
  • Install more compatible RAM.
You can upgrade a lot more on a custom built PC.

Windows 10 doesn't need a babysitter to use up resources when it can do most things itself. Some examples include Windows Disk Cleaner, Optimise Drives, Services, Task Manager (startup) and Ctrl + Shift + Del in your web browser.

Otherwise try CCleaner Slim/Portable builds to assist in cleaning.

Software cannot fix slow hardware, or slow Internet for that matter.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
just use ccleaner , a free ( or paid ) defragmenter and privazer and you are good to go. I have recently bought a 3 Year license for kerish and it is a Nice addition and perfectly safe to use. Stay away from ashampoo winoptimizer and iobit advanced system care.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Avoid doing heavy clean up on Windows. There is a reason why files and registry keys are left behind, even if this is bad from an implementation aspect, so there is a possibility that something bad will happen to your system if you aggressively clean up & optimize your system with third party tools, especially if messing with registry without knowing what you 're doing.
The only program I would recommend, if it's necessary is CCleaner ignoring the registry cleanup. What's very important is that Windows cleanup tool, can clean more things than the defaults shown. Check it out here.

What is a big culprit for some, is the c:\Windows\Installer folder that gets bloated with time. For extreme cases, there is a program called Patch cleaner that backups and deletes unused files in there but it's risky.

Last edited:

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
I'd say Kerish Doctor 2017 is probably the best registry optimizer, but I would probably agree with a lot of the others to be extremely skeptical about whether they actually give any real improvement (and some can do real harm). I do use them, but mainly for removing old gunk from uninstalled programs.I use AVG TuneUp for its 'sleep/disable' programs service, but whether the cost of running this service outweighs its savings I dont really know, and I think is debatable.

I'd agree with @Purshu_Pro that the best speed improvement is getting SSD's (RAM too if you have an old machine, but you dont need more than 4GB unless running VMs)

Last edited:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
CCleaner w/CCEnhancer & SoftOrganizer

CCleaner won't break anything. CCEnhancer probably won't but I use it judiciously so that it doesn't.

SoftOrganizer (or any uninstaller) must be used with care; "one-button" will likely cause problems.

I rarely use WinOptimizer, WinUtilities, WiseCare; I use them if I'm troubleshooting a specific problem and in a limited sense. Letting these run amok has a good change to cause quirks, if not break software.

I avoid IObit and Auslogics products entirely; they are hazardous, bring bloat, and the companies have an unscrupulous reputation.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I don't like any system optimizer since it could cause more problems than it's worth. Like others have said, migrate to an SSD, increase RAM if possible or upgrade to faster RAM, Defragment drive regularly, and disable as many startup apps and services at boot that you don't need. Depending on what security software your using, it can definitely impact performance. Be careful with registry cleaners since they can mess things up more than they help. I use Revo Pro but use safe mode since I don't want to go to aggressive. Remember you can pretty do anything these tune up apps can do. Just pay attention to what affects RAM and CPU load.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.