Advice Request Best programs in Hiren's Boot CD for cloning and for imaging?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I'm going to be switching from a drive with a lot of bad sectors to a bigger, healthier unused hard drive. I want to do imaging and cloning both, and I prefer to use two different programs for each to safeguard against failures.

Here are the programs I find for imaging and cloning in Hiren's Boot CD 15.2:

CloneDisk 1.9.6
All in one tool for MBR, Partition, Disk, VMWare Disk images vmdk/vmx/vhd, and much more.
COPYR.DMA Build013
A Tool for making copies of hard disks with bad sectors.
CopyWipe 1.14
Copy old hard drive to a new hard drive by copying the entire contents of one drive to another, CopyWipe can also help prevent confidential or private data from being recovered, by securely wiping the contents of a drive.
DiskImage 1.6
Creates and writes disk images files to hard and floppy disks.
DriveImage XML 2.42
Backup any drive/partition to an image file, even if the drive is currently in use, a very good freeware alternative to Ghost / Acronis
Drive SnapShot 1.40
Creates an exact Disk Image of your system into a file while windows is running.
G4L Ghost 4 Linux 0.34a
A hard disk and partition imaging and cloning tool similar to Norton Ghost.
Image For Dos 2.75
Quickly, easily, and reliably create a complete image backup of all the data located on your hard drive, backups made to CD/DVD/BD are bootable.
Image For Windows 2.75
Backup and restore utility that creates a snapshot of a selected partition or volume, and saves it to disk, or burns it directly to most DVD+RW+R-R-RW or CD-R/RW drives.
Macrium Reflect 4.2.3775
Create complete backups of your disk partitions, including operating system, installed programs and all your settings.
ODIN 0.3.4
Open Disk Imager in a Nutshell is similar to Drive Snapshot which supports backing up windows while you are using it.
Partition Image - PartImage 0.6.9
Supported filesystem includes Ext2, Ext3, Reiserfs, HFS, HPFS, JFS, Xfs, UFS, Fat16, Fat32 and NTFS.
Raw Copy 1.2
Useful tool to transfer the data directly from a faulty drive to another drive, built in data recovery function which will also attempt to recover data from bad sectors.
ShadowCopy 2.00
Copy all your files and entire system - even if they are locked by Windows.
SelfImage 1.2.1.92
Create image files of any mounted or unmounted hard disk partition.
XXClone 0.58.0
The simple way to clone a Windows disk to another disk, it makes a self-bootable clone of Windows system disk.
DiskGenius 3.2
Restore deleted partition, Rebuild MBR, Rebuild partition table, Recover files, Restore formatted partition, Backup files by partition, Disk clone, Backup partition table, Create/Delete/Format Partitions etc.

I figure I will make images before I make clones. There are a lot of hard disk repair programs in Hiren's. Should I use them before I do the clones?

Computer: Dell System B3 Desktop
CPU: Intel Pentium 4-2667 (Northwood, D1)
2666 MHz (20.00x133.3) @ 2657 MHz (20.00x132.9)
Motherboard: DELL 0G1548
Chipset: Intel 845GEV (Brookdale-GEV) + ICH4
Memory: 2048 MBytes @ 166 MHz, 2.5-3-3-7
- 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
Graphics: Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller [DELL]
Intel i845G(L) Integrated, 64 MB
Drive: ST380011A, 78.1 GB, E-IDE (ATA-6) [to be replaced]
Drive: HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s <-> USB
Drive: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S, CD-R Writer
Sound: Creative Technology SB Live! Series Audio Processor
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC [A/B/C]
Network: Broadcom 4401 10/100 Integrated Controller
Antivirus: Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 8
Firewall: Windows Firewall
Default Browser: Maxthon

Reactions: kev216

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well for conducting image snapshot, you may go to Macrium Reflect or Image for Windows as the descriptions are worth convincing to your needs.

Drive Image XML based on my experience takes very long like forever to finish conducting a backup which makes wondering for some issues.

I figure I will make images before I make clones. There are a lot of hard disk repair programs in Hiren's. Should I use them before I do the clones?

For maintenance check then you may perform scan if there are some damage from sectors which isn't bad idea at all.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for the advice, gentlemen.

I'm concerned by what is documented below. Obviously replacement of the hard drive is warranted. As I said, I wonder if I should use software to attempt repairs before cloning. I have in mind software under the Backup Tool and Hard Disk Tools headings for Hiren's.

So far I haven't gotten any message saying I can't access or utilize a certain file because it's corrupted or damaged.

Wouldn't Raw Copy work better for his circumstances?

Attachments

• Hard Disk Sentinel 11-29-15.png
    Hard Disk Sentinel 11-29-15.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,581
  • Hard Disk Sentinel S.M.A.R.T 11-29-15.png
    Hard Disk Sentinel S.M.A.R.T 11-29-15.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,612
  • CrystalDiskInfo 11-29-15 (1).png
    CrystalDiskInfo 11-29-15 (1).png
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,657
  • CrystalDiskInfo 11-29-15 (2).png
    CrystalDiskInfo 11-29-15 (2).png
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Ashampoo HDD Control 11-29-15.png
    Ashampoo HDD Control 11-29-15.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 3,507

ITToolsPack

Apr 4, 2018
I'm going to be switching from a drive with a lot of bad sectors to a bigger, healthier unused hard drive. I want to do imaging and cloning both, and I prefer to use two different programs for each to safeguard against failures.

Here are the programs I find for imaging and cloning in Hiren's Boot CD 15.2:

CloneDisk 1.9.6
All in one tool for MBR, Partition, Disk, VMWare Disk images vmdk/vmx/vhd, and much more.
COPYR.DMA Build013
A Tool for making copies of hard disks with bad sectors.
CopyWipe 1.14
Copy old hard drive to a new hard drive by copying the entire contents of one drive to another, CopyWipe can also help prevent confidential or private data from being recovered, by securely wiping the contents of a drive.
DiskImage 1.6
Creates and writes disk images files to hard and floppy disks.
DriveImage XML 2.42
Backup any drive/partition to an image file, even if the drive is currently in use, a very good freeware alternative to Ghost / Acronis
Drive SnapShot 1.40
Creates an exact Disk Image of your system into a file while windows is running.
G4L Ghost 4 Linux 0.34a
A hard disk and partition imaging and cloning tool similar to Norton Ghost.
Image For Dos 2.75
Quickly, easily, and reliably create a complete image backup of all the data located on your hard drive, backups made to CD/DVD/BD are bootable.
Image For Windows 2.75
Backup and restore utility that creates a snapshot of a selected partition or volume, and saves it to disk, or burns it directly to most DVD+RW+R-R-RW or CD-R/RW drives.
Macrium Reflect 4.2.3775
Create complete backups of your disk partitions, including operating system, installed programs and all your settings.
ODIN 0.3.4
Open Disk Imager in a Nutshell is similar to Drive Snapshot which supports backing up windows while you are using it.
Partition Image - PartImage 0.6.9
Supported filesystem includes Ext2, Ext3, Reiserfs, HFS, HPFS, JFS, Xfs, UFS, Fat16, Fat32 and NTFS.
Raw Copy 1.2
Useful tool to transfer the data directly from a faulty drive to another drive, built in data recovery function which will also attempt to recover data from bad sectors.
ShadowCopy 2.00
Copy all your files and entire system - even if they are locked by Windows.
SelfImage 1.2.1.92
Create image files of any mounted or unmounted hard disk partition.
XXClone 0.58.0
The simple way to clone a Windows disk to another disk, it makes a self-bootable clone of Windows system disk.
DiskGenius 3.2
Restore deleted partition, Rebuild MBR, Rebuild partition table, Recover files, Restore formatted partition, Backup files by partition, Disk clone, Backup partition table, Create/Delete/Format Partitions etc.

Computer: Dell System B3 Desktop
CPU: Intel Pentium 4-2667 (Northwood, D1)
2666 MHz (20.00x133.3) @ 2657 MHz (20.00x132.9)
Motherboard: DELL 0G1548
Chipset: Intel 845GEV (Brookdale-GEV) + ICH4
Memory: 2048 MBytes @ 166 MHz, 2.5-3-3-7
- 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
Graphics: Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller [DELL]
Intel i845G(L) Integrated, 64 MB
Drive: ST380011A, 78.1 GB, E-IDE (ATA-6) [to be replaced]
Drive: HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s <-> USB
Drive: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S, CD-R Writer
Sound: Creative Technology SB Live! Series Audio Processor
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC [A/B/C]
Network: Broadcom 4401 10/100 Integrated Controller
Antivirus: Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 8
Firewall: Windows Firewall
Default Browser: Maxthon

Halo Bro,,

Hirens 2018 New Generation Support GPT & UEFI READY! this is my open source project 2018 check this >> IT Tools Pack Solution 2018 Rescue

tx

IT%2BTools%2BPack%2BSolution%2BRescue.png

IT%2BTools%2BPack%2BSolution%2B2018%2BRes%2BBackup%2Bor%2BRestore%2BTools.jpg

IT%2BTools%2BPack%2BSolution%2B2018%2BRes%2BPartition%2BTools.jpg

IT%2BTools%2BPack%2BSolution%2B2018%2BRes%2BPartition%2BTools%2B2.jpg

IT%2BTools%2BPack%2BSolution%2B2018%2BRes%2BPassword%2BTools.jpg

IT%2BTools%2BPack%2BSolution%2B2018%2BRes%2BOther%2BTools.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.