Battle Best protection for ransoware Vodoshield + Shadow defender + Kapersky ?

Do you recommend any program for backups ?

I got my external hard drive 1tb full I'm afraid it can have nay virus
  • Windows File Backup
  • Macrium Reflect (scheduled)
  • USB Flash Drive (physical)
  • Dropbox (cloud)
I use Dropbox and I protect the Dropbox folder from modification. In other words, you make Dropbox read-only. You create files on the Desktop and then manually move them to the Dropbox folder. When you want to modify a file in Dropbox, you have to move it out, modify it, and then move it back to Dropbox.

There are different backup strategies. You have to find what works best for you personally.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I got attacked by a gandcrab
Depends how you got infected? First rule, would be learning safe habits while browsing.

Piling software doesnt really help, since there arent 100% protection if the user allows malware manually

But everyone makes mistakes, its very rare case to be infected by ransomware...and incase that happens you want to have backup ( as already mentioned in this thread) , if you keep files or do working on your pc

Personaly i dont care about backups, since i have nothing on my computer that i really need and incase i do i would prefer onedrive or or any other cloud to keep copy of my cv, or something like that.

I would prefer Ransomoff, for ransomware protection + kaspersky free to have most advanced threat removal + website filter out there

Anyways you have to think what went wrong when you got infected and how you can avoid that in future

If you torrent or do use cracked software, only way to avoid this from happening is completely stop torrenting/ using illegal software as example

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Voodooshield + Kaspersky (free) or Voodooshield + Eset (paid). Probably the most possible secure combination keeping the performance of your PC fast in my opinion. Voodooshield except the default deny option also provides a virus total scan result which is very good in case your AV doesn't have a signature to detect a specific malware. Of course nothing is 100% secure, if a sample has really 0 engine detection on virus total, Voodooshield will still warn you but if you insist to run the malware then your system will be infected no matter what.

noob guy

Level 1
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
I'm currently running Voodoo, KFA and NVT OSA. It's super light and haven't had a conflict yet. Voodoo default deny is excellent along with the sandbox Cockoo running virus total. KFA is light and has some great sigs along with the web blocking. NVT OSA just sits there harnening the OS.
Same experience as yours, but use KSC Free instead (with VS and OSA) because the modules can be tweaked further. Super light too, no conflicts, but have gotten suggestions to give up VS. Still thinking about it.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Same experience as yours, but use KSC Free instead (with VS and OSA) because the modules can be tweaked further. Super light too, no conflicts, but have gotten suggestions to give up VS. Still thinking about it.
I tried KSC but i did get a little slow down when browsing. It also ran ran around 400K for some reason during scans. KFA doesn't seem to have those issues and I really don't need the extra modules.

G

Genux

Backup software will keep ransomeware away. How?

You must be a loyal Windows user since it is an ancestral secret passed down since generations of pure-blood Windows users.

You Linux users and your multiplicating bastardized distros will never learn it!!!! :p

Trololol
I did not say it does, it was recommended by another member.

Internet users lack the necessary knowledge to remain malware-free, and-is especially true for Windows OS and Android users. A single Click or Tap can compromise the entire system. Windows 10 - the most secure Windows to date - has hundreds of thousands of infected computers.

OP of this thread does not even know if their external hard disk drive is infected or not. It's common for Windows users to not know they run the PC with admin rights. Microsoft does not enforce the Standard user account.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.