Battle Best rollback program along lines of Time Freeze?

Compare list
Toolwiz Time Freeze 4.0
Reboot Restore Rx 3.1
Deep Freeze 8.38
RollBack Rx 10.5
Shadow Defender 1.4.0.680
Steadier State
Comodo Time Machine 2.8
Returnil System Safe 2011: [URL="https://www.afterdawn.com/software/security/misc_security_tools/returnil_system_safe_free.cfm"]Returnil System Safe Free 2011[/URL]

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I'm only interested in limited use of such a program, so I'm not willing to pay, but utilizing a free trial of a shareware might be something useful for me. What I want is to be able to run on-demand scans from security programs that do not always allow the user choice before removing files.

My attention was first drawn to Toolwiz Time Freeze, but I saw it only protects the system drive. I use three hard drives. I'm looking at Reboot Restore Rx with interest.

Please tell me about the pros and cons of these programs, including ease of use and whether they cover all of a user's hard drives.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Reboot Restore Rx as Toolwiz Time Freeze, only covers one disc, RollBack Rx 10.5 at the end when I used it I had to format, although I liked it, maybe I did not understand it well, it is a good program of snapshots to try things.
The one that I am using now is Shadows Defender covers several discs, The conttra is that in the reboot, it does not save anything of the done thing same as Reboot Restore Rx .

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Reboot Restore Rx as Toolwiz Time Freeze, only covers one disc, RollBack Rx 10.5 at the end when I used it I had to format, although I liked it, maybe I did not understand it well, it is a good program of snapshots to try things.
The one that I am using now is Shadows Defender covers several discs, The conttra is that in the reboot, it does not save anything of the done thing same as Reboot Restore Rx .
Reboot Restore Rx does covers multiple partitions. But there's a caveat. You can only set it up during installation of the program by choosing custom install.
Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about the Home version. Not sure about the free version.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Sorry, I was distracted and missed entirely the main question of the topic. So here's my take.

Scratch Toolwiz, Steadier State and Comodo Time Machine from your list. They are old software and hasn't been updated in a long time. Probably even discontinued.

From what's left, I'd go with Shadow Defender because the price seems fair and it's well known for its robustness against malware. Deep Freeze pricing is too high for my liking although many people have said that it's a great product.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Added Returnil System Safe 2011 to the poll. It's abandonware, but I have a soft spot in my heart for abandonware; sometimes it's very good.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Shadow Defender IMHO - It's so good a few months ago I forgot it was enabled :emoji_fearful: I did find a few emails appearing again but dismissed the problem. Eventually (faffed about as usual) and removed Opera & installed Vivaldi changed a few other things & was quite happy with how things were running, I set extensions up etc. When I re-booted of course I was back where I was before I started. As I'm obviously going senile it did take a while before I clicked on what was happening. Shadow has never caused me a single issue & I enable it whenever someone wants to use a PC, esp. the Grandchildren & happy clickers (that’s all the people I know) :)

(Avoid RX unless you like suffering)

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

it has a commit button.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
(Avoid RX unless you like suffering)

Avoid Reboot Restore RX or RollBack RX or both?

Unfortunately it's too late for me to add EAZ Eazyfix to the poll, but I certainly welcome comments about it.

UPDATE: Must be pretty expensive. You can't buy it directly off their website; you have to call them by phone.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I don't see anything about OS listed but if it's Windows 10, know that the only tool that doesn't get destroyed by a Creators Update is Rollback Rx/Reboot Restore Rx Ver 11. You listed 10.5 not sure why, freeware is on 11 now. Even if you're not using Windows 10 it's still the most reliable tools.

Reactions: bribon77

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
Avoid Reboot Restore RX or RollBack RX or both?

Unfortunately it's too late for me to add EAZ Eazyfix to the poll, but I certainly welcome comments about it.

UPDATE: Must be pretty expensive. You can't buy it directly off their website; you have to call them by phone.

Buy link for Eazyfix

It’s working great. I only now using Macrium Home because it give me more options and don’t use it anymore. I bought it for €23,80 with a coupon. Perpetual License with one year support.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.