Not open for further replies.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm just curious what is in your mind the best secured or the lesser evil password manager that can be used with chrome.

As I'm using mostly Chrome OS, I'm looking for a password manager that does not need to install anything on the target PC.

I'm using Sticky Password Manager now and while it's good, it requires me to install it's based software on a targeted PC in order for it to be used. That cannot work on a Chromebook which I used often.

And given that Lastpass had been compromised multiple times, could I still trust them with my data as they're still being rated as the top choice as a recommended password manager?

Many thanks. :)

P.S. Apologized if it's not in a correct forum. :D

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Use lastpass with a strong unique password and 2 step authentication on. That will keep you protected except if you are in one of NSA lists which in that case good luck.

REDBEARD1

Level 1
Mar 7, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm just curious what is in your mind the best secured or the lesser evil password manager that can be used with chrome.

As I'm using mostly Chrome OS, I'm looking for a password manager that does not need to install anything on the target PC.

I'm using Sticky Password Manager now and while it's good, it requires me to install it's based software on a targeted PC in order for it to be used. That cannot work on a Chromebook which I used often.

And given that Lastpass had been compromised multiple times, could I still trust them with my data as they're still being rated as the top choice as a recommended password manager?

Many thanks. :)

P.S. Apologized if it's not in a correct forum. :D
last pass cks out ok. been using for years. have paid account 4 my droid.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Cool, how about dashlane? Anyone has any experiences with it? :)

Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
get to handle a time Dashlane, but I do not get to convince the program could no longer be stored multiple accounts for only a site so I decided to switch to LastPass and to this day I still used, and with that function wonderfully. Another I liked was that vien norton identity safe with protection from malicious pages, but sometimes does not work with Firefox.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Cool looks like more people use LastPass than Dashlane. I shall give it a go then.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.