Best security solution for internet banking?

wowpoo

Thread author
Apr 2, 2015
Hi,

I have been a long user of Norton, but on your form I found that it's not good solution. My priority n. 1 is internet banking security, bank accounts. I'm thinking now about Kaspersky. I don't care of some cleanup, backup functions, I just need 100% protection. What would you recommend me?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
100% protection no such thing ,
Norton / Kaspersky as well many others will provide good protection,
NO 100% protection from anything..

Reactions: nissimezra

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
combine 1 sandbox (free: comodo internet security, 360 total security|pro: bitdefender, kaspersky, avast pro) or just sandboxie with 1,2 or 3 good anti phishing protection: adguard, avast web rep, mcaffe site advisor or combinations of more than 1 anti phishing) and you should be good to go, but be carefull anyway.

edit: for extra security you can use paypal if its accepted

D

Deleted member 21043

The comments above about there being no 100% best Antivirus... It's true. You will never find '100% protection'.

The closest I can think of you being able to get yourself there is to never download anything off the internet and to lockdown your system to only allow the execution of the pre-installed programs which come installed with Windows. (or to just stop using your system altogether...).

I recommend you pick a good, well known Antivirus/Internet Security product. Off the top of my head I recommend either one of the following: ESET Smart Security or Kaspersky Internet Security.

If you choose to use Avast Internet Security, they have a Safe Browsing feature which you could look into using when you need to do banking-related browsing or anything which may contain sensetive information.

If you decide to use a Antivirus program over Internet Security, you'll need a Firewall (if it does not already have one) if you would like that additional protection. You could look into Comodo Firewall, however you could disable the HIPS on it as it wouldn't be necessary when using an Antivirus program with a good HIPS/BB protection. Having both enabled could make too many alerts which may become irritating, and could be seen as unnecessary. (for example, Emsisoft have a well-liked Behaviour Blocker which does work quite well).

If you want protection based upon automated sandboxing of programs on your system, look into Comodo Internet Security. It has such a feature.

You may also want to check the detection ratio of a program on VirusTotal before executing a new download you are not familiar with to see what other vendors think of the sample. Please be aware that false positives are always possible.

For web protection, alongside running a good Antivirus/Internet Secuirty program with good web blocking (here I should note that ESET have a good reputation for providing very good web blocking - that's not to say the other vendors products have bad web protection) (malicious website blocking, phishing website blocking) you can also use a good adblocker to help prevent advertisements. Advertisements can actually invade your privacy: they can track you. Using a adblocker will help avoid this. I recommend using uBlock as your Adblocker. I use it myself; I have found it to work very effectively and it has never caused me issues. Since I have been a user of adblockers like Adblock Plus and Adguard, I recommend uBlock over those 2 extensions due to my experience being best with uBlock. You can also configure uBlock to work more effectively on the settings.

You may also be interested in the WOT extension for your browser. WOT stands for Web of Trust. It's a reputation based extension (gives reputation based on user reviews for websites). You can find more information about this extension at the following URL: https://www.mywot.com/

You may also be interested in Click & Clean extension. Allowing it to clean your traces after using your browser is good as it does prevent any programs from managing to access such information (steal it). You can find more information at the following URL: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clickclean/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod?hl=en

You can also try out online services which allow you to submit a file for analysis. Some examples of services which can do this are:
You can then check the report after it's analysis and decide based upon the report if you wish to run the program on your main system.

Cheers. ;)

H

hjlbx

Just a suggestion....

You might want to look at the following:

Quarri MyPOQ

Using Internet Explorer 11 it creates a web-hosted, remote sandboxed browser session. All plug-ins are disabled and the data leak protection prevents keylogging, screen\clip-board capture. A remote secure browser is the only means to protect against session cookie theft.

Combine it with any good anti-virus - Emsi, ESET, Kaspersky...

Kaspersky's Safe Money is a "data leak" protection and will block processes from accessing browser data - even legitimate processes - such as Windows Explorer. It's good, but doesn't protect against session cookie thievery...

I've been evaluating Webroot... and I've been impressed at what I see so far. It's data protections are always blocking access to personal data.

wowpoo

Thread author
Apr 2, 2015
Thanks for replies, I use ADblock, and on the banking related computer i don't download games, warez any untrusted programs. I will look on those sandbox utilities. To simply it even more i have only 3 opinions. NIS KIS or BitDefender. Maybe i will go KIS.

Last edited:

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
use ESET Smart Security or kaspersky or AVAST IS with their "safezone", it's made to internet banking.
other interesting product is Bitdefender safepay, it's free and works with others antivirus ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For internet banking, consider the component of virtual keyboard which suites like Kaspersky or Comodo (Virtual Kiosk) for safety and isolated case operation.

But also take consider of using password manager like Lastpass to just directly apply the username and passwords without clicking,

Also be aware that websites like Bank should contain SSL/HTTPS and not a trap for such phishing that can steal your details.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hi,

I have been a long user of Norton, but on your form I found that it's not good solution.

Norton Security 2015 is a very good solution. If you are a paying customer, keep Norton.
You could prevent MITM attacks by installing HitmanPro Alert. It's free software that protects your web browsing sessions. A newer version is currently in development, almost ready, which will provide extra security.

What web browser do you use? You may want to consider creating a Security Config thread about details of your PC.

Last edited:

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I think that having an clean computer from malware, is halfway to a safe navigation.
in terms of antivirus until Qihoo total security /essential, that is completely free, has "Online Shopping Protection"
...but the important thing is have a clean machine from malware, an uptdated antivirus ( whatever it is), and zemana antilogger, for example.
There are also extensions and some programs to protect browser contamination: hitman pro Alert like @Huracan said, or HTTPSeverywhere.

Reactions: yongsua

wowpoo

Thread author
Apr 2, 2015
OK so I'm now between NIS and KIS. By http://www.av-comparatives.org and www.av-test.org/ the KIS has better detection. At av-comparatives.org they aren't even testing Norton now. What do you think that are cos and pros between these two?

yongsua

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Spyshelter, HTTPS Anywhere, and Open DNS (prevent phishing website with its Phishtank database)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.