best settings for comodo firewall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
Hi all,
I currently installed Kaspersky antivirus with a comodo firewall..I want comodo to function as a firewall along with HIPS...But I find that comodo firewall has so many features...I am bit confused...Once I was opening a file comodo cloud scanner detected it as a threat...why does a firewall does the work of an antivirus?

Suggest some best setings so that comodo FW functions only as a FW and HIPS or suggest settings that could go well along with Kaspersky AV...

Diurpaneus

Verified
Jan 30, 2013
Hi.
Best settings for CIS is suggested by Chiron(personal opinion)'
Here is the link for his tutorial.
https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
maaster said:
Hi all,
I currently installed Kaspersky antivirus with a comodo firewall..I want comodo to function as a firewall along with HIPS...But I find that comodo firewall has so many features...I am bit confused...Once I was opening a file comodo cloud scanner detected it as a threat...why does a firewall does the work of an antivirus?

Suggest some best setings so that comodo FW functions only as a FW and HIPS or suggest settings that could go well along with Kaspersky AV...
In addition to what Diurpaneus mentioned above, another suggestion I have is to add all Kaspersky files to the exceptions in Comodo Firewall. Also, add all Comodo files to the exceptions in Kaspersky. That should go a long way towards making them play nicely.

As per your other question, Comodo Firewall automatically checks all running files against the Comodo Cloud. This allows it to see if it is already known as safe, already known as dangerous, or currently unknown. This is very important from a usability point of view. Also, it shouldn't have any affect on Kaspersky.

Thus, you shouldn't have any problems leaving cloud scanning enabled, as far as I know. It will just provide you with yet another layer of detection without slowing down your computer.

Thanks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well no conflict even Comodo Scanner is included from firewall as its added as analyze basis but you may turn off to make Kaspersky worked from realtime.

HIPS is off by default but partial behavior when user interaction pop up in asking sandbox

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
Chiron said:
maaster said:
Hi all,

In addition to what Diurpaneus mentioned above, another suggestion I have is to add all Kaspersky files to the exceptions in Comodo Firewall. Also, add all Comodo files to the exceptions in Kaspersky. That should go a long way towards making them play nicely.

As per your other question, Comodo Firewall automatically checks all running files against the Comodo Cloud. This allows it to see if it is already known as safe, already known as dangerous, or currently unknown. This is very important from a usability point of view. Also, it shouldn't have any affect on Kaspersky.

Thus, you shouldn't have any problems leaving cloud scanning enabled, as far as I know. It will just provide you with yet another layer of detection without slowing down your computer.

Thanks.
Since comodo also scans my files it will lead to slowdown of my computer...right?

I

illumination

jamescv7 said:
Well no conflict even Comodo Scanner is included from firewall as its added as analyze basis but you may turn off to make Kaspersky worked from realtime.

HIPS is off by default but partial behavior when user interaction pop up in asking sandbox

HIPS is not "off" on default setting, it is never truly off even when unticked, the default settings just allow the behavior blocker to respond first, if the BB does not make a decision, then the HIPS will kick in even if unticked..

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Option 1

You change your Auto Sandbox settings fully restricted!

Option 2

You disable Sandbox and enable HIPS Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.