Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I need some advice in the fileguard section in EAM.

What is the most efficient setting with regards to protection and performance?

This is how mine is set up:
fsscr000.jpg

And, I have imported the hosts file from the HP site,are there any other suggestions for hosts that I should be using?

Thanks!:)

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
F

Fabian Wosar

If you are not looking for the maximum settings but look for the best performance with almost no sacrifices to security in most real life scenarios:

Switch to "Scan only programs before they are executed", enable "Only scan files with the following extensions", and disable "Protect the PC even if no user is logged on".

You may also disable the memory optimizations under options, as well as turn off the captcha on shutdown there.

Those settings will give you the best performance. EAM will still scan everything of relevance before it is executed, but it will completely ignore any other file operations, greatly improving performance while surfing (as all HTML files created in your cache are ignored, unless they are executed), copying files, or general actions creating or accessing lots of different files. Disabling the memory optimization will tell EAM to use as much memory as it wants if it is not used by other processes instead of preemptively swapping out data to the disk, which may cause delays as soon as the data is required again later as it needs to be read from the slow disk first. It will also tell EAM to not start scanning files being executed during boot until the EAM Guard is started, eliminating most of the delay EAM can have on the entire boot process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.