Troubleshoot Best small/light travel laptops ? (11 inch)

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Hi there-

Can anyone here recommend a good choice as a light travel laptop ? Ideally around 1kg (2.2 pounds) in weight and not too large- like 11.6 inches or something ? I prefer Windows.

The only ones I can see on the market are very basic models with 32GB internal storage, 2GB memory and fairly slow Atom processors. These are probably not quite good enough for me. I don't; need anything really speedy, but I think these will be too sluggish for modern computing.

Ideally my choice would be a 128GB SSD, probably 4 to 8GB RAM and a Intel Core-M. But even that might be overkill for what I really need it for.

My budget is probably around the $500 USD (£400 GBP) mark, but happy to pay less. I also dont; mind good quality ebay second hand models which look well cared for.

I just dont see too many models these days- they are either tablets or 13" travel laptops. Its not like it was in the old days !

Thanks.

n0k0m3

Level 1
Verified
May 29, 2017
Base on what you need, Chromebook is not a bad choice (like seriously). I knew what you saw on the market was the Asus Vivobook and it is a terrible laptop with subpar build quality

$500 USD is not much if you want extremely juicy specs like a Core M with 8GB RAM and Windows on top of it. But with Chromebook you can take it on easily.

Other not-really-obvious choice is Apple iPad (yeah slap me rite). Reason is they have some really good keyboard case that is on par with your day-to-day laptop keyboard (and some even have a laptop-like design with REALLY good hinge, one of them is logitech so check them out)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.