Battle Best Snapshot software? (March 2016)

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I'm looking for a complement of Acronis True Image (my usual software backup) that could do fast snapshots before install a new program, reliable, with UEFI boot support, and light in system impact. I don't know if there are free solutions...

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Those mentioned by you are not snapshot programs...for this,you may wanna try Comodo Time Machine,RollBack Rx free version or Toolwiz Time Machine (all are free)...So,after imaging Windows with Acronis you can use a snapshot software.That's the way i use to do.(for me for example,it was Paragon free for imaging and Comodo Time machine-Rollback Rx full version after that-for snapshots...in case anything goes wrong with the snapshot sw,Paragon image was always ready to come into rescue)...

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Those mentioned by you are not snapshot programs...for this,you may wanna try Comodo Time Machine,RollBack Rx free version or Toolwiz Time Machine (all are free)...So,after imaging Windows with Acronis you can use a snapshot software.That's the way i use to do.(for me for example,it was Paragon free for imaging and Comodo Time machine-Rollback Rx full version after that-for snapshots...in case anything goes wrong with the snapshot sw,Paragon image was always ready to come into rescue)...

Thanks for the explanation mate. I'll have a look at these programs.

Reactions: Venustus

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Is it Toolwiz Time Machine Windows 10 compatible? In another hand, could be Shadow Defender another option for testing sofware before to install it?

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Is it Toolwiz Time Machine Windows 10 compatible? In another hand, could be Shadow Defender another option for testing sofware before to install it?
I didn't try it on a Windows 10 machine...i recomand you to go with Rollback free for the first time,it's the best choice...yep,Shadow Defender it's a very good choice if you wanna try new software...i am using Wondershare Time Freeze,a similar software exactly for this kinda ''activities'' :)

Reactions: Malakke
H

hjlbx

HDD - Rollback RX.

For HDD there is nothing better.

@Umbra (and I) have tried just about everything that there is out there - and nothing can touch Rollback RX.

For SSD - Rollback RX is not recommended since it disables SSD TRIM; Horizon DataSys insists that RX fully supports TRIM, but - in reality - it does not.

For SSD use Macrium Reflect or AOMEI.

AX64 (now FlashBack) - don't touch it with a 100 meter pole.

Reactions: Malakke

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.