Advice Request Best software for creating system image and restore it

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodney74

I currently use Drive Cloner Rx because of compatibility with Rollback, but before that I used Macrium Reflect.

I couldn't install Drive Cloner on Win 10, no matter what trick I tried. Use Macrium now, it's probably the best. GUI isn't the best. I have used Acronis, Loved AX64 Time Machine when Isso was doing it, the other people ruined it. O&O is good too. Easeus wasn't reliable for me.

Reactions: HarborFront

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may try EASEUS Todo Home Backup, the program itself can create system image within certain time.

Necessary tools are also included.

Anyways any product will do as long you can revert any changes without issues on the system image. ;)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You may try EASEUS Todo Home Backup, the program itself can create system image within certain time.

Necessary tools are also included.

Anyways any product will do as long you can revert any changes without issues on the system image. ;)
In post #12 @Evjl's Rain already mentioned it's to be avoided

What's your experience with this product? Is it reliable to use?

Thanks

Reactions: frogboy

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
On my old PC I used Acronis True Image WD Edition (this time it is Western Digital not Windows Defender :p).
Now I'm using Macrium free for OS images, and I think it is one of the most reliable backup engine.
It has saved me from many situations mainly due to tons of software tests that have made unstable the system :D

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
In post #12 @Evjl's Rain already mentioned it's to be avoided

What's your experience with this product? Is it reliable to use?

Thanks
I know I was the one to put up EaseUs but I think I should not have. I was a paying customer of this software and after a crash I went to restore with EaseUs and all I got on reboot with a message EaseUs Todo is not running. So in went the Windows 7 installation disks and back to square one. On reflection I also would advise members not to use this software. Sorry guys. :oops:;)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I know I was the one to put up EaseUs but I think I should not have. I was a paying customer of this software and after a crash I went to restore with EaseUs and all I got on reboot with a message EaseUs Todo is not running. So in went the Windows 7 installation disks and back to square one. On reflection I also would advise members not to use this software. Sorry guys. :oops:;)
It was an honest contribution, as always, really no worries my friend :)

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
I think Drive Cloners does have a bootable disk of some kind. I know I tried a restore so it had to have something. But the way it identified disk was totally unacceptable. Remember when you NEED to do a restore you are going to be under stress. That is a time you need a product you can trust.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@HarborFront: Oh I've overlooked on the post, well I cannot say either how EASEUS performed through restoration process cause myself never tested to proceed on that operation.

For the meantime, I use the Lenovo's recovery tools instead since through theory that a specific design system should run flawlessly.

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
Now I'm using Macrium free for OS images, and I think it is one of the most reliable backup engine. It has saved me from many situations mainly due to tons of software tests that have made unstable the system
I second that!
I tried most of Back Up/Imaging solutions (e.g. Paragon, EASEUS, AOMEI, Drive Snapshot, Acronis, Image for Windows etc.)
I found a piece of mind with Macrium Reflect. ;)

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
i usually use shadow protect. i have a few of the old ISO from version 4.2.7 where i can restore to other hardware with out a license key to verify :p

I am a long time Shadowprotect user. I private beta tested for them for 5 years. But they are going in a different direction now. For the private user Macrium Reflect is now a far superior product. Especially if you do frequent imaging and restores

R

Rodney74

I am a long time Shadowprotect user. I private beta tested for them for 5 years. But they are going in a different direction now. For the private user Macrium Reflect is now a far superior product. Especially if you do frequent imaging and restores

I agree, I have both macrium easier to use too.

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Acronis does a pretty good job if you image from recovery environment. But the desktop install is a bloated goat. 20% about imaging and the rest an effort to sell you more services.

Reactions: AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.