Advice Request Best way to prevent spam mail on new email address ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Don't provide your email to Microsoft. I'm am 100% convinced they are selling it to spam. I had a beautiful and fresh email address. Never received a single bit of Spam. Then one day I bought Microsoft Office with it and it's been bombarded with spam since then. Even if Microsoft isn't selling your email, their servers seem to be leaking email addresses to whoever sends spam.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Don't provide your email to Microsoft. I'm am 100% convinced they are selling it to spam. I had a beautiful and fresh email address. Never received a single bit of Spam. Then one day I bought Microsoft Office with it and it's been bombarded with spam since then. Even if Microsoft isn't selling your email, their servers seem to be leaking email addresses to whoever sends spam.

Ok. Good idea!

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
i just noticed today that comodo had a free cloud spam catcher. i've never tried it, but maybe, they have good products.

Edit: dang, just went to fetch link for you and it turned out to be free 30 day trial. me bad. (called dome antispam)

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
personally, i use dummy emails for things i know will get spammed. and then i dump them after a year or whenever. there are temp email services if you need one for a moment that allow me to sign into things that don't really matter. for more important things that i know will spam me (i have a thing for contests, which are built to get my email and spam me) i make a dummy email, from vivaldi or mail.com, and i dump it after a year. my main email i try to keep clean and only use it for family or business.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
personally, i use dummy emails for things i know will get spammed. and then i dump them after a year or whenever. there are temp email services if you need one for a moment that allow me to sign into things that don't really matter. for more important things that i know will spam me (i have a thing for contests, which are built to get my email and spam me) i make a dummy email, from vivaldi or mail.com, and i dump it after a year. my main email i try to keep clean and only use it for family or business.

Cool.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Spam is still the thing? I put my email tairikuokami@zoho.eu everywhere and no spam at all. I use gmail for forums and also nothing.

I know there is several ways but what is the best way ?
Forward it via several free emails to filter out junk and malware, since they use different filters and AVs. Like: outlook -> zoho -> yandex -> gmail.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Probably true. I have old main email account @ hotmail and im using microsoft app on android and every scam/spam message gets throught without filtering, i had to disable alerts because of it

Meanwhile GMAIL is doing good job filtering all the trash away.

But because of this scam/spam these days i have total of 13 email accounts and being careful where i share them to

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Probably true. I have old main email account @ hotmail and im using microsoft app on android and every scam/spam message gets throught without filtering, i had to disable alerts because of it

Meanwhile GMAIL is doing good job filtering all the trash away.

But because of this scam/spam these days i have total of 13 email accounts and being careful where i share them to
I use hotmail because I like it but you are probably right.

I've been noticing that as well, tons of spam getting through nowadays as compared to last time, not sure what's causing it

G

Genux

Never use your email on-line or give it to anyone.
You have no proof. I have a Microsoft email but don't receive spam, ever. I use it for everything. Did you buy Office from in-store or digital marketplace?

Reactions: Jack

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Never use your email on-line or give it to anyone.

You have no proof. I have a Microsoft email but don't receive spam, ever. I use it for everything. Did you buy Office from in-store or digital marketplace?

Well, a brand new email account got spam without exposing the address, no registration, no outbound mail.
How?

Mantissa_Bedford

Jul 5, 2018
If you are going to use some email client (like Apple Mail/ Thunderbird), you can use filters to block most of the spamming domains. Moreover, most of the hosting services offer free Spam filters. just pay for the hosting and the Anti-spam force is there for you, for free.

Mantissa_Bedford

Jul 5, 2018
Do not use .yahoo. Best regards.
Yahoo has started owning bad ways to get the attention. You must have heard about the "Chromium" thing. All of a sudden your green-yellow-red trio turns to blue-blue-blue icon. and your default web search changes from Google to Yahoo. they are bad. very bad.
i was helped by this troubleshooting every time:

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I found a cool free service (up to 25 addresses at least for free which seems like enough) called leemail.me

Looks really interesting.

Seems different than the rest. May even get the pro version sense it is only $1 a month for unlimited addresses! I like how even for free it tracks the websites you use for each email address. Plus you can turn them on or off easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.