Battle Best windows firewall manager

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Because is similar to PiHole, and is nice firewall.
Also with PiHole you need to setup a specific VM, or you run on Raspberry Pi.
In this case what I consider is energy cost of 24/24 system up and risk incidence,
in my case a Pi1 cost really cheap in term of electricity and is ok.
Is quite a different concept, in one case a DNS Server and in the other a firewall...

http://www.simplewallsoftware.com/install/

Simplewall Pre-Install Requirements
Minimal system requirements:
  • Dedicated hardware/virtual machine with cd/dvd support.
  • Hardware must be x86 architecture supported.
  • 2GB+ RAM (recommended).
  • Two Ethernet network interface.
  • 40GB (minimum) Hard disk drive SATA / PATA.
    Note: Take a backup of your data as installation process will erase all the data on your DISK.
Requirement for Virtual Machines:
  • Refer Installation Help & FAQs.
  • Virtual Machine Supported: KVM, XEN, Vmware HyperV
  • VM need virtual network NIC and 20GB HDD 2GB ram.
  • Configure virtual network adapter so that it can reach internet.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Last edited:

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I want to know what spect about the another softwares, i have binisoft licence, but the others are better, free fw for example have a litle cool interface

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I prefer simplewall, mainly because it uses less resource compared to WFC and I also find it easier. New stable version is going to be released soon and its gonna be even better.
But I don't have much knowledge about firewalls, if someone can clarify, how much powerful and feature rich is simplewall compared to WFC with Windows Firewall?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.