Detection is outstanding;
    Good tools (if you like to boost your PC);
    2 more engines if you select (Protection Mode: Security);
    Cloud engine works good with QVM (default protection);
    Malware removal is very good;
    You can select the theme you like.
CONS
High resources when using all engines.
QVM has FP (but the detection of QVM is amazing).
BOTTOM LINE
They made this version faster, better protection, more updates (fast updates). If FP are not an issue for you, this is the product for you.

Since this is a beta, I use Avast Free because I wanna see the final version. Qihoo does amazing products and I think this free product (the Internet Security also) are the best product you can get. If you don't wanna buy, I recommend this.

I will give it 5 start because it is a beta, I hope they will make the memory usage more friendly (this beta it uses less then the stable version, it is an improvement but I wanna see more optimization).

About the FP from QVM, I work in computer security and I know how hard is to make a Heuristic engine that has high detection but few FP. It is impossible to make amazing 0 Day detection with no FP, this is the downside of heuristics.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Here is my review.

The theme you see it is my favorite.
iJGWWgE.png

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
what is the main difference between version 5 and version 6?
v6.0.0.1086 Beta
▪ Added: Support for multiple users and non-administrator users

▪ Added: System Backup Cleaner

▪ Added: Setting to uninstall disabled scan engines

▪ Added: Wifi Checkup - new routers support(DIR-880L,DIR-850L,Netgear R7000,Netgear AC1900,Netgear N750,Linksys EA6900,Linksys E2000,ASUS RT-AC68U)

▪ Enhanced: Browser cleanup capability

▪ Enhanced: Malware cleanup capability

▪ Enhanced: Performance for cloud database query

v6.0.0.1099 Beta
▪ Added: New themes to dress up your 360 Total Security

▪ Fixed: Bug fixes

v6.0.0.1108
1.Added: Reduce network usage when using 3G network

2.Added: Option to attach profile picture when sharing boot time

3.Fixed: Bug fixes

Reactions: Anupam

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
v6.0.0.1086 Beta
▪ Added: Support for multiple users and non-administrator users

▪ Added: System Backup Cleaner

▪ Added: Setting to uninstall disabled scan engines

▪ Added: Wifi Checkup - new routers support(DIR-880L,DIR-850L,Netgear R7000,Netgear AC1900,Netgear N750,Linksys EA6900,Linksys E2000,ASUS RT-AC68U)

▪ Enhanced: Browser cleanup capability

▪ Enhanced: Malware cleanup capability

▪ Enhanced: Performance for cloud database query

v6.0.0.1099 Beta
▪ Added: New themes to dress up your 360 Total Security

▪ Fixed: Bug fixes

v6.0.0.1108
1.Added: Reduce network usage when using 3G network

2.Added: Option to attach profile picture when sharing boot time

3.Fixed: Bug fixes

Thank you for providing the details. Except for Theme support rest seems pretty same ;)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Dual 2.5 with 4 GB Ram, OS is Windows 7 (32 bit) no SP or updates.

Average resource usage:
Idle: 100 - 112 MB
update: ~200MB
scan: 180-200MB
Note: I can't feel it on my system, I know it uses above average.

The lowest idle was 80.
My system boot is between 8-10 seconds (really fast). With version 5 was 20 - 24 seconds (fast).

S

Sr. Normal

Thanks @OpenSecLabs for your excelent review.another colleague who does a great job with revisions.

I think the perfect antivirus does not exist, but in the meantime we have Qihoo .
I admit , I'm a fan of this antivirus , but I think it not worth paying for an antivirus that will not be much better than this which is also free.
False Positives?, there are not so many, I'd rather have the doubt on occasion and get a second opinion , that continued certainty that could be better protected , but that's just my opinion

Reactions: nissimezra

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
360 Total security is improved, but it provides unnecessary tools that eat your memory up. System speed, system clean bla bla bla junk.
I believe that Internet security version is much better as it provides only security, and doesn't consume too much memory (30 - 40MB WITH bitdefender enabled).
Instead of ''uninstalling engines'' it is better for Qihoo team to leave the engines as it is and add an option for the user to install these system tools only if HE/SHE likes.

Last edited:

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
360 Total security is improved, but it provides unnecessary tools that eat your memory up. System speed, system clean bla bla bla junk.
I believe that Internet security version is much better as it provides only security, and doesn't consume too much memory (30 - 40MB WITH bitdefender enabled).
Instead of ''uninstalling engines'' it is better for Qihoo team to leave the engines at it is and add an option for the user to install these system tools only if HE/SHE likes.
we all agree with that and waiting for the release of 360IS version 5. ts is bundle with many unneeded tools.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I am happy to see that you guys like the way I see this product. I will try to make more reviews.

I wish Qihoo will add to IS the Upload Unknown Files and other options from Total Security.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.