Manzai

Thread author
MBT9gpF.png

:D

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
that have nothing todo with "big fail". good:nothing? for real? u should stop testing products. these youtube "test" are useless.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
windows defender in win 7 is not same as that of win 8.......as any security that depends on its various components....window defender in win 8 depends on smart screen, UAC, windows firewall......if you test by ignoring warning one of its component....the test is pretty useless for me......still my point is windows defender in win 7 is not same as that of win 8....

Reactions: nissimezra

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Windows Defender on Windows 7 is obsolete was replace by MSE, why do a review on it when it is not even a full AV product?
It was originally created as an Anti-spyware product which evolved from Giant Anti-spyware.

Enjoy!! :D

S

starchild76

Thread author
Windows Defender on Windows 7 is obsolete was replace by MSE, why do a review on it when it is not even a full AV product?
It was originally created as an Anti-spyware product which evolved from Giant Anti-spware.

Enjoy!! :D

littlebits : our living , walking , talking , breathing , encyclopedea :) I also can remember giant antispyware.....long time ago , when I owned my first desktop :p

M

Manzai

Thread author
Title should read: User Fail Test.

Windows Defender on XP - 7 is only an Anti-Spyware program. Ridiculous video.

I see not in what it is ridiculous while he has a database.
I know that it is no antivirus, but he can be also tested

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You tested Windows Defender, an anti-spyware only program against a malware pack containing samples that would have been better detected by a full-fledged Anti-Malware or Antivirus program.

Pack used? [Malware Pack] 2014-06-05 #92 - http://malwaretips.com/threads/2014-06-05-92.27973/

The definitions appeared to be a few days outdated, although for this review it wouldn't have much of a difference (as explained above), I'm certain that Microsoft do provide offline definition update packages.

Windows Defender for Windows XP, Vista and 7 has been succeeded by Microsoft Security Essentials.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Under Win 7 both MSE & Defender are useless IMO. I ran both & full scans as well. They both never caught anything. I uninstalled MSE & disabled Defender. Almost any Antivirus is better than these two. I forgot to add that under MSE & Defender you paranoid users won't ever have any false positives to worry about because they won't catch anything anyway under Win 7 that is..!

Last edited:
Reactions: Manzai

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@marg The point is to learn to not get infected, and not rely on your AV to protect you. But if that's not possible for whatever reason, then unfortunately all Antivirus products will fail for the user.

@manzai So, you wasted everyones time with this video. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Oxygen and Dubseven

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.