Solved Big problem NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntivirusGeek

Thread author
Jan 15, 2012
HI EVERYONE I APPLIED A TWEAK THAT PUTS AN ICON BY THE NAME "SWITCH BETWEEN WINDOWS" IN MY COMPUTER.
I AM NOT ABLE TO DELETE IT AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT
BELOW IS AN IMAGE::::::::

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    106.1 KB · Views: 526

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello,
When you applied this tweak did you have to install something to get it there?

Upvote 0

AntivirusGeek

Thread author
Jan 15, 2012
McLovin said:
Hello,
When you applied this tweak did you have to install something to get it there?

i installed tweaking.com tweak program but when i went under that particular tweak it does not have a disable function...all it has is enable

please help

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
You could try uninstalling the Tweak.com program and see if that helps.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Another options is that you could try using Revo Uninstaller as to see if that will help.
Would you be able to provide a link on where you got this certain type of Tweak from?

Upvote 0

AntivirusGeek

Thread author
Jan 15, 2012
McLovin said:
Another options is that you could try using Revo Uninstaller as to see if that will help.
Would you be able to provide a link on where you got this certain type of Tweak from?

here's the link
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Tweaking-com-Advanced-System-Tweaker.shtml
and the tweak is under :
windows 7 only
context "something"
window swither

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you tried to perform a System Restore to an earlier date?

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Okay AntiVirus geek check out this guide. http://www.how-to-uninstall-program.com/uninstaller/uninstall-Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair-1-6-0-Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair-1-6-0-removal-Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair-1-6-0-windows-uninstaller.html In one par they have given how to remove it via ADD/Remove programs and also registry keys needed to be deleted. Do not download the uninstallers or any software mentioned there. Instead use REvo uninstaller. Use CC Cleaner to competely clean registry and the temporary files.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
Instead use REvo uninstaller. Use CC Cleaner to competely clean registry and the temporary files.

That is what I have said in my other post. If he uses that it would be better then using the Windows Add/Remove.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
First of all uninstallers, registry cleaners and system cleaners will not remove applied tweaks, they will have to be removed by scripts or registry editing.

Uninstalling Tweaking.com - Advanced System Tweaker will not remove the applied tweaks.

First try Tweaking.com Online Help- http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_advanced_system_tweaker_online_help.html

If you can't find the solution then try posting a topic in the support forums- http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/board,2.0.html

Also try to download and install the most current version from the developer site, since many download sites don't have the most current version with bug fixes.

I do not see any tweaks for "SWITCH BETWEEN WINDOWS" IN MY COMPUTER on the program. Could you provide a screenshot to show this tweak?

Also Advanced System Tweaker has Backup and Restore registry which can undo any of the tweaks which is recommended to Backup Registry each time you use the program. Registry backups are located by default- "C:\Reg_Backup".

Good Luck.:D

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's unfortunate that you were unable to fix the problem and resorted to a fresh Windows installation.

I was looking at Tweaking.com AST 1.0.6, and it allows you to make a Registry Backup before using their program. Since most "tweaks" can be applied through using the Registry.

ZGdnM.png

As a fail safe, you could have restored the registry to see if it reversed the changes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.