Solved Big problem of Windows 8 Cannot hear sound by tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
In windows 7 when watching one movie from Samsung LED 6 series used to activate the speaker on the properties of the Sound control panel.
If I want to watch a movie in Windows 8 does not appear this speaker off the tv and i just do not hear the sound from the tv.
Anyone have this problem too Windows 8?
It Was a big gap of Windows 8!
help

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thread Moved - Not News. ;)

Do you use HMDI to your TV?
It helps if your HDMI cable is gold-plated.

Do you use Surround Sound with your TV?
Check that your Surround Sound is configured to your TV's sound (not other devices).

Funny thing is this happened to me yesterday, because I had this problem too, it was solved by the 2 questions above.

Laptop HDMI Out > TV HDMI In > Surround Sound set to TV.
On Laptop > Second Screen only > Play HD video on TV (connected to SS) = Works.

Upvote 0

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Earth said:
Thread Moved - Not News. ;)

Do you use HMDI to your TV?
It helps if your HDMI cable is gold-plated.

Do you use Surround Sound with your TV?
Check that your Surround Sound is configured to your TV's sound (not other devices).

Funny thing is this happened to me yesterday, because I had this problem too, it was solved by the 2 questions above.

Laptop HDMI Out > TV HDMI In > Surround Sound set to TV.
On Laptop > Second Screen only > Play HD video on TV (connected to SS) = Works.

Hi Earth!

It´s tv hdmi configuration?
I see movies by my pc sources and display with cable hdmi on my samsung serie 6.
Later I ´ll configure my tv, then i think it´s not driver problem.
Thanks

Upvote 0

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I tried following your steps but did not work.
I stopped listening to the sound of the tv after I installed Wndows 8 Pro on my pc.
I do not know if I have to roll back the driver of the Speaker?
Or is the problem Led TV?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think it's a problem with your Samsung Series-6 LED TV. My issue was solved due to incorrectly configured sound settings/channel through amp.

I haven't a Samsung TV, so I cannot test this.

Upvote 0

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Earth said:
I don't think it's a problem with your Samsung Series-6 LED TV. My issue was solved due to incorrectly configured sound settings/channel through amp.

I haven't a Samsung TV, so I cannot test this.

I ´ll go to bios service and look hdmi/spdif to enabel services or go to the control painel and disable the current speaker and reboot laptop.

I have to find a solution ...

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Others have had the problems too, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/i-have-no-sound-on-the-tv-connected-through-an/d912f036-c321-4948-b30c-11fecdf62ef3 (No solution).

Upvote 0

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Before read your post yesterday i reset the laptop and it works all night long.
In the morning i changed Bios default parameters with F9 and save with F10.
Next days after do all the updates on 8 i´ll connect and test the tv sound by pc.
I hope it´s not a Windows 8 bug...

Upvote 0

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
This weekend I came to the conclusion.

First I loaded the program DriverEasy Pro to update the drives after formatting the entire laptop.

Second, I downloaded the new update of NVIDIA ION.
I turned on to connect the laptop on TV and no need further configuration of the sound Speakers worked through the laptop.
Then watched a movie called Passion Festival 2012 and the afternoon sunday I watch a portuguese match: Benfica-Nacional Madeira
Sounds simple but it was not ... it´s important have a driver software.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To conclude it's not a Windows problem, instead it was the the lack of necessary drivers that caused you the issue.

Glad it's solved. :)

cdnsempre said:
It Was a big gap of Windows 8!

Thread Closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.