King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Everytime I start my PC, Google Chrome opens automatically with Bing as the default search engine. I've checked its settings but Bing is not set as the default search engine. Tried to reset Chrome's settings but no luck. I've also uninstalled Bing Bar and Bing Desktop but it's still there in Chrome. :mad: I don't know what to do now. :(

P.S. My startup is about 1min + which is not normal.

I will highly appreciate any help guys. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Logethica

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
" My startup is about 1min + which is not normal."
  • I'm pretty sure that is the average boot time.

Try reinstalling the browser & deleting the folder.

btw why would you download bing bar?

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
" My startup is about 1min + which is not normal."
  • I'm pretty sure that is the average boot time.

Try reinstalling the browser & deleting the folder.

btw why would you download bing bar?
It was installed a couple of months ago, I'm having this problem just now. :confused:

My average startup is about 35-45 secs. :( BTW I installed windows updates earlier.

Upvote 0

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Open the "Properties" window (Right-click on the icon > Properties) of the Chrome shortcut and make sure you don't have anything after "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" string in the Target field as shown in the image below:

c57ebe226af69958.jpg

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Open the "Properties" window (Right-click on the icon > Properties) of the Chrome shortcut and make sure you don't have anything after "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" string in the Target field as shown in the image below:

c57ebe226af69958.jpg

Hope this helps!
I've tried this but there's no other strings after "chrome.exe".

I had some updates earlier too, but have you tried system restore? Does the issue occur on all browsers?

In Google Chrome only. :(

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.