Bing Search Infection Mac

ChicagoMac

Thread author
Jul 27, 2022
Hi,
I have tried several ways to remove the virus, however, it didn't help.
What I did find out via my research that others encountered is that this is happening to me only on Chrome and only when I use my account/profile. When I use a guest Google Chrome account the bing redirect does not happen. Also when I use my Gmail profile (different account).
Please note that I do not experience the same issue when I open chrome with my account on iPad or iPhone (only on MacBook Pro).
Please advise.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @ChicagoMac,
Let's check to see if there are any extensions installed on your browser. Open Chrome, at the top right, click the "More" button (3 vertical dots), then select More tools and click on Extensions. Are there any extensions that look suspicious?

Reactions: Trident

ChicagoMac

Thread author
Jul 27, 2022
Thank you for your response, Jack.
I only have 2 extensions installed: chrome remote desktop (which I need to support my parents) and Grammarly to correct my English.
I had 1 additional extension "Adblock", but I removed it as part of my effort to get rid of the malware.
Any additional suggestions? I know it is hard to troubleshoot from afar.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.