Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Source: Anti-virus4U.com Blog: Bitdefender 2016 Release Date: The 10th of September

Exclusive News
Bitdefender 2016 release date is Thursday 10th September.

The commercial release for the final version of Bitdefender 2016 products line (Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016, Bitdefender Internet Security 2016, Bitdefender Total Security 2016, Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2016, Bitdefender Family Pack 2016 and Bitdefender Mobile Security 2016) for home users, will be on the 10th of september.

The electronic delivery (Download) version will be available for purchase beginning September 11, 2015 on Anti-Virus4U.com
Click Here to Save up to 75% off Bitdefender products line Plus FREE upgrade to Bitdefender 2016
Bitdefender 2016 System Requirements

For PC
Recommended system requirements:
Operating system: Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10
CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo (2 GHz) or equivalent processor
Memory (RAM): 2 GB
Available free hard disk space: 2 GB free space (at least 800 MB on system drive)

Minimal system requirements:
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) , Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10
CPU: 800MHz processor
Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Available free hard disk space: 1 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)

For MAC
• Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.6 or later)
• Mac OS X Leopard (10.5 or later)
• Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6 or later)
• Mac OS X Lion (10.7 or later)

1 GB of RAM Memory
100 MB available hard disk space
Minimal normal (4:3) display resolution: 1024 x 768
Minimal wide display resolution: 1024 x 640

For Android
Android 2.3.3 or later
An active Internet connection, and access to the Google play.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
New Features

Ransomware Protection
Bitdefender blocks all ransomware, even new or unknown, from encrypting and demanding ransom on your personal files. You can choose which areas you want to protect.

Next-Generation Firewall
Bitdefender’s new firewall deals superior performance in pinpointing intrusions, effectively filtering incoming and outgoing traffic, even over a Wi-Fi network.

Full-Fledged Parental Control
Blocks inappropriate content, restricts Web access between certain hours, and helps you remotely monitor your children's online activity – even on Facebook!

Enhanced Features

Complete Data Protection
Bitdefender eliminates every type of e-threat, from traditional viruses, worms, Trojans to today’s RATs, ransomware, zero-day and other exploits, rootkits, botnets, and spyware.

Discreet Security Widget
Enables you to keep track of all of your security-related tasks, plus lets you quickly and easily drag-and-drop files for quick scanning for viruses — right from your desktop.

Password Manager
Bitdefender stores your passwords, credit card data and other sensitive in a secure vault. It also autofills them when you brows and can recommend you secure passwords.

Parental Advisor
Blocks inappropriate content, restricts browsing, Facebook, online games and all other Internet activities between certain hours, and notifies you when you child attempts to bypass your rules. Also monitors restricted areas and informs you when your child is where he isn’t supposed to be, via an Android app.

File Encryption
Locks confidential files in an encrypted vault.

Battery Mode
Bitdefender maximizes battery time for laptops and tablets by temporarily tweaking system settings such as display, system cooling, system updates, Bluetooth.

Tune-Up. OneClick Optimizer
Bitdefender automatically speeds up your system and frees up disk space by running every known optimization. All in one click.

Download links :

BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2016
BitDefender Internet Security 2016
BitDefender Total Security 2016

BitDefender-Internet-Security_1.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_2.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_3.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_5.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_7.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_10.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_13.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_19.png

BitDefender-Internet-Security_21.png

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
Didn't they say they will release a new version of their free antivirus when Windows 10 comes out? Still nothing said about that while the paid versions are already out in final version... :(

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Didn't they say they will release a new version of their free antivirus when Windows 10 comes out? Still nothing said about that while the paid versions are already out in final version... :(

The only information I have seen on the Bitdefender forums from a Tech is that the Free version will not be made compatible, although some have said that there were posts on Twitter saying it would be. Who to believe?

Reactions: Butterfly

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
The only information I have seen on the Bitdefender forums from a Tech is that the Free version will not be made compatible, although some have said that there were posts on Twitter saying it would be. Who to believe?
Never mind i saw the post on the forum and apparently there will be no new version... Disappointing.

OTTO

Level 1
Verified
Jul 18, 2015
Wow I installed it but couldnt activate it. İ sign up but when i try to sign in it says u dont have internet connection or unexpected error

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Am using Total Security 2016 and it's very good, saying that I've probably cursed myself and shall have a BSOD. Only thing I have found, parental controls won't block any sites I black list, nor check to block.

Reactions: MalwareT

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Hello OTTO,

I had that problem trying to validate through Bitdefender Central. Open the Bitdefender GUI (double click the BD icon in your system tray), click bottom right where it gives the period of time you have left and add your license key there.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I wonder how the ransomware protection module works, does anyone know? I really like the new GUI, one thing I noticed, when you adjust the settings i.e., to aggressive, then open outlook or itunes (which changes the profiles to either work or movie) the settings revert back to normal, then upon closure change back to your setting(s).

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Bitdefender uses a hypervisor on their home user products, does all laptops support such technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.