App Review Bitdefender 2018 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
I think one of Bitdefender's short comings is their obsession with avoiding false positives. This is likely due to the fact so many AV companies rely on their signatures.

Overall my position on Bitdefender remains the same, if you have a good computer and want better protection than Windows Defender (especially for normies) without complexity, Bitdefender is a SOLID choice. Or even for advanced users.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I think one of Bitdefender's short comings is there obsession with avoiding false positives. This is likely due to the fact so many AV companies rely on their signatures.

Overall my position on Bitdefender remains the same, if you have a good computer and want better protection than Windows Defender (especially for normies) without complexity, Bitdefender is a SOLID choice. Or even for advanced users.
Great solution shame about some of the inherent and ongoing bugs!!

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I've been testing Bitdefender on my system for the last 15 days and it's much more stable than I expected considering all the bug reports we see on the Internet. I had no crashes and no false positives until now. Of course I'm a safe browser but no security software will save you if you run and click everything you see.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.