Advice Request Bitdefender 2019 RAM Usage

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

Thread author
Anybody currently using Bitdefender as on my old machine with 2 GB RAM and intel pentium dual core 2.1 GHz it was using 100-120 MB RAM. I haven't used it on my new PC. I am surprised to see reviews here. So much difference from one PC to other!!!:unsure::emoji_expressionless:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anybody currently using Bitdefender as on my old machine with 2 GB RAM and intel pentium dual core 2.1 GHz it was using 100-120 MB RAM. I haven't used it on my new PC. I am surprised to see reviews here. So much difference from one PC to other!!!:unsure::emoji_expressionless:
You have less RAM than the average modern PC (eg. 8GB), and usage may vary on the installed OS and architecture (32-bit v 64-bit).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It was windows 8, 64-bit. Does it mean that PC with high RAM spare more memory?
Potentially yes, but memory is supposed to used.

Your system is limited to a maximum of 2 GB RAM, for both OS and Programs. That's why you see your usage is far less than say a PC with 16GB of usable RAM.

Hardware Experts can correct if wrong.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I think I'd be willing to pay for a "Bitdefender AV" that is just the Free but with access to settings. I already use the Free version on Android.

If it doesn't cut your wifi like it did for me on Winodws 10. It happened multiple times, and for some unknown reason it was not easy to reconnect. I didn't mind the resource usage, but cutting wifi and blocking safe websites?

rsonic

Level 2
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
If it doesn't cut your wifi like it did for me on Winodws 10. It happened multiple times, and for some unknown reason it was not easy to reconnect. I didn't mind the resource usage, but cutting wifi and blocking safe websites?

I'm guessing deactivating some kind of setting, like "Meddle with Encrypted Connections" like many have nowadays might solve that, and I generally defer blocking pages to other stuff, so it would be "Bitdefender. Just AV Version". I might be dreaming here.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm guessing deactivating some kind of setting, like "Meddle with Encrypted Connections" like many have nowadays might solve that, and I generally defer blocking pages to other stuff, so it would be "Bitdefender. Just AV Version". I might be dreaming here.
Yes, you may be dreaming. No settings changes in Free. Maybe you can turn off SSL scanning in paid versions. I had to look elsewhere.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Normal here

Screenshot (3).png

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.