Bitdefender 2020 Released

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Is it available through product updates? Could you please post a screenshot of the product version?

The improved and new features according to Bitdefender website (Bitdefender Internet Security 2020)
Screenshot (5).png

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
i went from kaspersky security cloud to bitdefender antivirus plus 2020 and i feel no diffrent

This is interesting.

If Bit did smooth out the software performance issues and lighten up a little... then it would be a go-to AV.

In terms of detection, it's already a go-to AV. And it apparently works well for many.

I don't use Bit.

But I look forward to trying it again if they get it right.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I wish this version becomes lighter, something like KIS.
There are so many giveaways of BD but most people cannot use it just because its so much heavy on their systems.

It's heavy, and super buggy. But the real issue is their vintage, low end firewall drivers that throttle connections and run pings. It makes it unusable unless you have slow internet and don't notice. But in the real world, it's only going to cause frustration.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
It's heavy, and super buggy. But the real issue is their vintage, low end firewall drivers that throttle connections and run pings. It makes it unusable unless you have slow internet and don't notice. But in the real world, it's only going to cause frustration.

You may give 2020 version a try and see if anything has changed?

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I just tested it..

It is amazingly fast and light. The firewall garbage appears to be fixed. I am noticing no degradation with the firewall. Also the LTS results are fantastic and completely fixed over all previous years.

It gets even more interesting.

I am rooting for Bitdefender..... but -- I am a little skeptical.

Bitdefender has been a detection champ for over a decade. But Bitdefender has also been 'Heavy Bugdefender' on many machines for over a decade.

It could be a really great option if Bit has smoothed out the rough edges.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.