Bitdefender 2020 Released

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1563455684606.png

Oh, this is interesting. They took a negative nickname, embraced it, and are now marketing and monetizing it.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

"Steam being blocked from updating unless I disable some modules. "
Oh well.
Kindest regards.
-sepik

That's just the safe folder.. Steam, and others, unwisely, use Document Subfolders for games. I just updated 4 games with steam, zero issue. But I have safe folders off - I never like or use safe folder type technologies unless I spend time whitelisting. Since this is a test, I am not whitelisting, but it would be easy enough.

So far, it's lightweight, stable, and seemingly protective. At least in testing. Also Newegg has 2 years, unlimited devices for $35 right now, making it a big winner at this time for those that are considering. I am not on board yet with it, but I haven't found anything to complain about. I'll run it for the 30 day trial on a test machine and go from there.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
That's just the safe folder.. Steam, and others, unwisely, use Document Subfolders for games. I just updated 4 games with steam, zero issue. But I have safe folders off - I never like or use safe folder type technologies unless I spend time whitelisting. Since this is a test, I am not whitelisting, but it would be easy enough.

So far, it's lightweight, stable, and seemingly protective. At least in testing. Also Newegg has 2 years, unlimited devices for $35 right now, making it a big winner at this time for those that are considering. I am not on board yet with it, but I haven't found anything to complain about. I'll run it for the 30 day trial on a test machine and go from there.

Yeah, this is a good recommendation --- and addresses some of the aforementioned issues.

And that's a fantastic deal --- $35 for two years of unlimited devices.

I have more AVs than I have machines right now.... so I don't need it. But I'll be watching Bitdefender. I hope the good news keeps on coming.

And they have the coolest AV artwork by far.

1563501970956.png

Yeah, the shield says "Bitdefender." I've enlarged it for you..

1563502107813.png

You're welcome.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

I wonder if it’s easy to whitelist recently blocked items like in Controlled Folder Access with WD?

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
1563539803309.png

I have participated on the closed beta testing and I can tell there are great things coming for sure. So far, most annoying bugs have been fixed and there will probably be some changes on the GUI many reported as horrible design.

I suggest you give it a try and work close to it, you will sort out most of minor bugs. I have faith in the short term for this product. My KIS license expires in somewhat like 20 days and I'm ready to switch to BD, once and for all.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I have participated on the closed beta testing and I can tell there are great things coming for sure. So far, most annoying bugs have been fixed and there will probably be some changes on the GUI many reported as horrible design.

I suggest you give it a try and work close to it, you will sort out most of minor bugs. I have faith in the short term for this product. My KIS license expires in somewhat like 20 days and I'm ready to switch to BD, once and for all.

Another good report.

Bitdefender may have finally graduated past BugDefender.

Thanks @Robbie.

1563543961471.png

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I'm very tempted to give this a try. If it's not buggy it seems to be a pretty good set and forget option for the family. Potentially better than Sophos, for a group of family computers. I like using ESET, but I'm not going to bother my wife messing with setting up HIPS on her computer.

Don't forget you can get a decent discount through TPSC's channel. He like his affiliate links.

Edit: Never mind, looks like his links are dead now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.