Bitdefender 2020 Released

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
In today's test, ATC did not fail to be honest. The problem is with the signatures, they have deteriorated. In today's test, one of the vbs scripts opens up powershell and one opens up wscript. ATC intercepts them but powershell and wscript remains running in memory, downloading new malwares which are being intercepted by ATC. If the computer is rebooted then all will be back to normal but unless the PC is rebooted, wscript and powershell will remain running in memory and downloading malware.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
if I take a look @ our malwarehub...is there a serious problem with the slowly behavior blocker of bitdefender? :unsure:
I can't believe that the Bitdefender-Behavior-Blocker reacts slowly, maybe it's related to virtualization or BB still monitoring more than one samples

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I can't believe that the Bitdefender-Behavior-Blocker reacts slowly, so it's may be related to virtualization :unsure:
I don't test in a VM. But it may be possible that Shadow Defender is slowing down BD. Problem is I can't afford to test without SD. If my PC get's infected, it'll be a tedious job to reinstall windows and all the softwares :emoji_sob::emoji_cold_sweat:

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
if I take a look @ our malwarehub...is there a serious problem with the slowly behavior blocker of bitdefender? :unsure:
ATC is alert enough atleast with ransomwares i tested..ATC alone showed its magic !
Yes ATC waits for certain actions before kicking in.however furious and prudulent enough to protect(at least) the system
If im not wrong,, firewall and Atc works in tandom !!

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
In today's test, ATC did not fail to be honest. The problem is with the signatures, they have deteriorated. In today's test, one of the vbs scripts opens up powershell and one opens up wscript. ATC intercepts them but powershell and wscript remains running in memory, downloading new malwares which are being intercepted by ATC. If the computer is rebooted then all will be back to normal but unless the PC is rebooted, wscript and powershell will remain running in memory and downloading malware.
Was there a prompt to reboot in those situations?

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Was there a prompt to reboot in those situations?
No BD never prompted me to restart. I would have shared the screenshot in the hub if it had prompted. If you go into the notifications them click on the reports and go to the ATC reports, you may find that BD has a message Restart to complete disinfection. But BD does not prompt the user.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
ATC is alert enough atleast with ransomwares i tested..ATC alone showed its magic !
Yes ATC waits for certain actions before kicking in.however furious and prudulent enough to protect(at least) the system
Absolutely right mate. ATC can stop ransomwares dead in it's tracks. In today's test, ATC successfully blocked all the malwares but left an instance of wscript and Powershell running, which were constantly downloading malicious software and ATC was constantly alerting me.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
The above fact-based discussion on BD2020 is really good. I've learned things..

I don't use BD, but I recently trialed it. And it seems good -- a major improvement over when I last trialed it 5-6 years ago.

I like it.

I see this as one to watch...

BD2021 might just hit the 'sweet spot.'

1564678293059.png

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
The above fact-based discussion on BD2020 is really good. I've learned things..

I don't use BD, but I recently trialed it. And it seems good -- a major improvement over when I last trialed it 5-6 years ago.

I like it.

I see this as one to watch...

BD2021 might just hit the 'sweet spot.'

View attachment 217875
Yes from a performance standpoint BD 2020 is wayyy better than all the previous versions. This is the first time that I have been able to test BD without encountering any bugs. Although ATC does a very good job, I am worried with their signatures. Once it used to be the no 1 in signatures but sadly it's not the case now.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I dont think ATC is slow, it is how the technology from behavior blocker works; Bitdefender will only report when the overall score for a process reaches a given threshold and sometimes this doesnt happen immediately (because of how some malware are coded).

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Observation of your constant posting - you make many, many contradictory statements and your opinions change like a revolving door constantly.

It is just a matter of a short while before BD "does something" and you will uninstall it and proclaim it garbage again.View attachment 217801View attachment 217802View attachment 217800

I think you might have a deep reading comprehension issue.. The key point here:

"That actually isn't generally true anymore.. "

So, in english, or for those that don't fully comprehend words - anymore means;

Definition of anymore
1: any longer
I was not moving anymore with my feet
— Anaïs Nin
2: at the present time : NOW, NOWADAYS
Hardly a day passes without rain anymore.
Synonyms & Antonyms

So specifically - anymore - or for the impaired - "AT THE PRESENT TIME", few firewalls are slowing down connections. The reason for this is in the last months with virtually every product they've either fully replaced their FWD's, or completely re-engineered their firewall aspects. So there is no contradiction, because it is pretty obvious Bit Defender took their FWD back to the drawing board, and fixed it - and upgraded it for fast connections and optimal performance.

So, as with all products, everything evolves. A statement made by someone here could almost surely be invalidated in a matter of weeks, months, years because of the nature of how things change, develop and evolve. To put this in terms you might understand...

I had a burger at a local place 2 years ago. It was horrible. I never went back. I told people my experience was bad. It didn't taste good... Someone told me they got a new owner, he switched to Grass Fed Beef, hired new cooks, and switched up his recipes. Thus;

"The burger at that restaurant isn't bad tasting anymore."

(and yes, we know who you are and your previously banned account..)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.