Bitdefender Antivirus Free for Android - The Best AV for Android

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Protection - Top of its game Antivirus provided by Bitdefender for Android. Outstanding protection against malicious apps downloaded from Google Play Store, or bypassed Google Bouncer's security vetting process.

Usability - Zero configuration makes it very easy to use, with a single tap to scan. The rest of the functions are automatically controlled by Autopilot mode.

User Interface - Could do with an update to match theme with existing Bitdefender range, otherwise existing UI is satisfactory.
- Bitdefender updated GUI added mid-2017.

Storage - Low storage usage at 15MB upon installation. No background definition updates as it's all Cloud-based.

Performance - Low impact, runs silently in the background with real-time protection for new and existing updated apps. No drain on battery life.

Overall - There's absolutely no reason not to use Bitdefender Antivirus Free for Android. It does exactly what it says and all without leaving features you won't otherwise use.

Advisory: If you download/install Apps outside the Google Play Store, then I recommend an Antivirus with more features such as Web Protection against dangerous websites and scanning of Downloads folder.

About Review: It's solely based on my opinion about why it's the best Antivirus for Android under the Free category. Other features seen in paid-for applications may provide priority customer support and assistance. However, Google have implemented strong protection measures for all Android users with Anti-Theft (Google Settings) and Malware Protection under Google Chrome for Android (Download warnings).

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bitdefender Free uses the same engine and cloud technology of paid Mobile Security so I guess It gets the same score.

Bitdefender Antivirus Free for Android
I don't see why Bitdefender should use lesser protection for their Free Antivirus, so I am with you on this one. Bitdefender Mobile Security has a few extra features, whether you use them or not.

ahity

Level 1
Verified
May 16, 2017
now im using bitdefender trial and login with trial subscription, if free version still have same source so after my trial end i can use free bitdefender for mobile

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.