App Review Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017 Active Threat Control Test (Normal)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016

I've decided to trim down my samples size to just file infectors and ransomware. The samples I've used till now were full of harmless adware junk on which I spent a lot of time executing them one by one. What we really care at the moment is ransomware. Losing all your documents and images you've accumulated over the years can be devastating.

I've had few issues during the testing because of the way how Bitdefender works, but in the end, results were pretty damn good. Somehow, only my batch file used to clean TEMP files was encrypted, but not the images on desktop. So, Bitdefender actually did very good using nothing but Active Threat Control component.

Next in line for testing is NOD32 Antivirus. Probably tomorrow.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Bitdefender's APC and other secondary components is indeed impressive We can see that it does not rely very much on signatures compare on other products. (In short balance)

This time no gimmicks or any maketing

They can add quarantine option to ensure proper disinfection when detected by AMSI or APC.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.