Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I've just installed Bitdefender Total Security 2015, which looks good, however it keeps blocking my wifi connection. Is this a common problem?

Tony :)

MalwareFire

Level 3
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
This is a problem of bitdefender at very long time. Thats why i dont like use bitdefender :)

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
In Safe Mode I could connect to the web. But on Normal Mode with BitDefender, "DNS server is not responding."

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
remove it. I got one promo for Bitdefender and installed it. After that I started getting 2 MBps speed whereas in general i used to get around 10-15 MBps.

jen900

Level 4
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I've just installed Bitdefender Total Security 2015, which looks good, however it keeps blocking my wifi connection. Is this a common problem?

just reinstall the bitdefender and wifi driver

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've tried reinstalled drivers etc., but no luck - as soon as Bitdefender is removed all is well :mad:

I have gone back to Kaspersky 2015

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Thank you for the youtube video - I've watched the video, but is it to show the protection capabilities or broken internet connection?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
That's what I have done; I have gone back to Kaspersky 2015, and all is fine!

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
That's what I have done; I have gone back to Kaspersky 2015, and all is fine!
hello.
i just uninstalled bitdefender few hours ago. I have used Kasperksy 2015 last week, and I could say that between Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 and Bitdefender ANtivirus Plus 2015, BitDefender is lighter, esp. after doing a full scan. Is Kasperksy becoming lighter after doing a full scan?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I think it depends on your system specs etc., I have 32GB available, so to me Kaspersky is very light. Full system scan takes about 14 minutes. I agree, Bitdefender is a lot lighter, but I cannot have wifi problems especially whist working from home, sending emails.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_09_09_18h41m43s_006.jpg

Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: Petrovic

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello Petrovic.

I only installed the Antivirus Plus version, so no firewall installed. However, one driver for Bitdefender firewall is installed on the system, as I checked with Autoruns and RegSeeker.

Still, cuts down my wifi.

This is pathetic. I only installed BitDefender Antivirus Plus so no firewall from BD supposedly. But cuts my wifi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I turned this setting on, should it be off???
This is pathetic. I only installed BitDefender Antivirus Plus so no firewall from BD supposedly. But cuts my wifi.
Antivirus Plus 2015 does not have a firewal but has some features such as safepay ect. that might have a setting that causes this.It has secure browsing and privacy protection.I do not use it so I am not familiar with the settings however I believe even in AV Plus you can make exceptions and or trusted networks

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
exterminator20 you were saying that you have used Kaspersky for a considerable period without infection, I will take that as good solid evidence that Kaspersky is fit for the job. So, have given up on Bitdefender.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
exterminator20 you were saying that you have used Kaspersky for a considerable period without infection, I will take that as good solid evidence that Kaspersky is fit for the job. So, have given up on Bitdefender.

KIS has always worked well for me.2015 is excellent and I have been using it on Windows 8.1. I really only notice a bit of a longer boot time with KIS but that is really insignificant to me for the protection it provides.I dont really know too much about Bitdefender.I have only tried it on Windows 8 prior to 8.1 and the installer froze and gave me a BSOD or wouldnt install at all so I gave up on it.I am sure it has improved since then,I would hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.