Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thank you exterminator20 for you help/advice!

Tony :)
Some security suites are great and some are very bloated with all kinds of features and default settings that are at times difficult for users to navigate without some above average knowledge.You have to use what you are comfortable with and what works for you.

jen900

Level 4
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
anyone try to check your event viewer what is the problem then go to powershell type this ipconfig /all check everything on that

Reactions: Manzai

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
I had the same issue when I installed the IS version.
The solution recommended by their support was to use the following settings for the Firewall -> Network tab -> Network configuration area:

- Network type: Home/Office
- Stealth mode: Off
- Generic: Yes
It worked...in my case it was the stealth mode (on) that blocked the connection.

I hope it helps also for the AV version somehow.:)

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
This all doesn't surprise me. Every time i used Bitdefender I ended up with some sort of networking issue. Internet speed, wifi, connection (with cable), etc.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I guess the bottom line here is if it isnt working for you dont use it and find something that does work for you.I wouldnt want to use something that causes problems with my connection either.I really would not enjoy searching for a solution to the problem on top of that.
However I think this is just a setting that needs to be changed and or an exclusion to be made.I just havent seen a reply that said Bitdefender Support couldnt figure it out either,they would probably be best suited to answer your concerns.

Reactions: lordpake and Raul90

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
just reinstall the bitdefender and wifi driver
This one of solutions that a member in BD forums did but had no luck with...have not checked that out since I am using a hard line connection. As for the firewall in AV Plus, I remember that Process Hacker showed a process "firewall" attributed to Bitdefender and was as exterminator20 said "is for SafePay, Wallet application". It will still run even if you disable it. If you managed to disable it through a 3rd party application it will resurface in the next update. You'd be better off with KIS :) Less issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.