Bitdefender BOX - What do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikkigooners

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2014
Nice concept, but pricey. It cheaper (even free) to change one's browsing habit than buy a $99/month router.

Reactions: randj89

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Nice concept, but pricey. It cheaper (even free) to change one's browsing habit than buy a $99/month router.
True! I just want to read reviews from people buying or using it and see how it goes! and I bet if Bitdefender don't make anything out of it eventually they will be forced to price it down or else stop the service.

Myron

Jan 30, 2015
True! I just want to read reviews from people buying or using it and see how it goes! and I bet if Bitdefender don't make anything out of it eventually they will be forced to price it down or else stop the service.

It is an interesting concept that when done right, only one household need to purchase such device and every device have protection. However, this doesn't stop malware not coming from the internet like an infected sub drive or etc. Since it is an interesting product, I preordered the box and maybe doing a brief writeup review when it comes out.

FYI, as I was writing this, Bitdefender sent me an email saying due to manufacturer issue, the box is delayed to Feb and extended the free subscription to 2 yrs.

Reactions: randj89

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
It is an interesting concept that when done right, only one household need to purchase such device and every device have protection. However, this doesn't stop malware not coming from the internet like an infected sub drive or etc. Since it is an interesting product, I preordered the box and maybe doing a brief writeup review when it comes out.

FYI, as I was writing this, Bitdefender sent me an email saying due to manufacturer issue, the box is delayed to Feb and extended the free subscription to 2 yrs.
Good to know! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.