Bitdefender BRAIN, No Where to be Seen???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've been trying out the new Bitdefender Multi-Device 2015 as I wanted to check out the new BRAIN, but there is no mention of it in the program, it's just Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - how do I know it's there/working??

Tony :)

Reactions: Kent and souhrid

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's AI**, and works with TS Multi-device meaning you need to have multiple devices using this* Bitdefender package.

"Bitdefender Reflective Artificial Intelligence Networks - that has been five years in the making in the company’s award-winning labs. BRAIN processes almost 200,000 queries per second from users at all points of the globe. Using advanced algorithms modeled after the human brain, it extracts patterns from malware and stops threats from the moment they are created.

Everyone connected to the BRAIN will benefit from this self-learning technology and enjoy instant protection from any online hazards. Whenever a new online threat is detected, it takes BRAIN less than 3 seconds to protect its users from it, even if they’re half way around the world."

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/news/b...ed-total-security-multi-device-2015-2993.html

* Scroll down: http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/total-security-multi-device.html

** Computer system with self-learning capabilities - or so they say.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I thought it would be like Kaspersky's KSN where (within the program) you have the choice of turning it on, or off?

Does anyone know if you can turn BRAIN on or off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: souhrid

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Although the details are scant, from what I understand it is just an addition/change in the Bitdefender cloud that allows it to analyse malware files more efficiently. However, they have hyped it up to something extremely innovative and game changing, when it is basically just new machine learning algorithms implemented. If you want to really understand what is happening in Bitdefender, I recommend you to read up on some of the machine learning techniques implemented by Bitdefender.

I don't use Bitdefender, but from the details given in Bitdefender's press release I think you can turn it off by disabling Bitdefender's cloud protection. Not sure if you can turn off the cloud protection though.

Reactions: souhrid

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
No, I do not think you can turn-off their cloud service. I thought I would give it a try as it sounded as if there was extra(s) added to the software, especially the way it's been advertised, but there are no differences between the other 2015 ranges and I wonder why (if it's within the cloud) are the other security packages not protected by this.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
This is not in the Internet security suite is it?? I didn't even know bitdefender had a cloud signature service

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
No it their new Multi-Device 2015 which basically is Bitdefender Total Security 2015 but it's got the new BRAIN feature

Reactions: Atlas147

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
No it their new Multi-Device 2015 which basically is Bitdefender Total Security 2015 but it's got the new BRAIN feature
ahh I see that's not very nice

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
BRAIN is incorporated in all the Bitdefender versions, not just TS Multi-Device.

Facebook question answer from a BD Agent -

BRAIN technology is already part of all our products which we constantly improve and update. With our new Total Security Multi-Device we also decided to communicate the result of 5 years work in our labs. So, this self-learning technology that offers instant protection from any online hazards is available in each and every Bitdefender engine.

Reactions: kiric96 and rocky

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
BRAIN is incorporated in all the Bitdefender versions, not just TS Multi-Device

Do you know if that would that be version 2014, or only 2015 (and future)?

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Do you know if that would that be version 2014, or only 2015 (and future)?
Not a clue, sorry. I only know what was posted above although I would suggest that it will be in future versions as well (until they come up with a new acronym to sell the product ;) )

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I think it's only in the 2015 version - I was going to contact customer support and ask them, but then I realized there is no customer support.

Reactions: Secondmineboy

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Fancy name for nothing = BitDefender. It is also the best as some test say (the irony).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Cole

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
I have contacted them a number of times and had no problem, they may be a little slow but they have always been polite and very helpful. I will try to find out about prior versions.

Reactions: rocky

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I had terrible problems with the 2014 version, could not get a refund nor did I hear from them for 2-3 weeks - at least with Kaspersky I can just pick-up the telephone and speak to customer services or tech support.

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
I think it's only in the 2015 version - I was going to contact customer support and ask them, but then I realized there is no customer support.

How's this for a quick reply? ;)

BRAIN technologies operate permanently behind all of our products and they function BEST on Autopilot mode. So, even after our products are launched, we still work to improve them so that you can benefit from the best protection available.

So the answer is yes it applies to previous versions as well, interesting remark from them about it working best on Autopilot.

Reactions: rocky
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.