Not open for further replies.

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
I did a contextual scan on a file, which is a installer package. Bitdefender reports that have scanned 11003 files, but when i checked the log , it report that Bitdefender have scanned 0 files(no files could be scanned), Why :eek: ? And the WSC(Windows Security Center) sometimes reports that the Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off(I have BIS), but, when i check it with a EICAR Test File, It detected by Bitdefender :eek: I'm still not understand why:( Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 version 21.0.25.92

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
should we rename them as BugDefender :D
:D
they have good point at detection and prevention but these bugs finally forced me to change my AV from BD to KIS ...
my BD bug is worst than this,a day my BD logo go gray (not belong to my licenses) I contact to customer support they reply me "reinstall it" I do it for third but problem still be,I also change my Windows but problem is still be :confused:
I recontact to customer support they reply me : "pls do't hesitate us!"
I do't know why,but I hope they fixed their way....
also if I want talk about this software from top to bottom in one word yup I call it "BugDefender" :p

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I have not used Bitdefender for a long time, but I've never been able to have it for another week, so I've failed, and my system has slowed me down.

Reactions: ravi prakash saini
W

WolfensteinXeen

What's surprising is that Bitdefender is buggy since a long time. I understand that an AV company can encounter stability problems with a version, but it seems that it's almost 10 years that BitDefender are having various bugs WAY MORE than other AVs.

It's too bad as their engine is one of the best, but stability and usability are as important as protection in my opinion. Emsisoft, F-Secure, G-Data or Bullguard use their engine and are way more reliable in my opinion.

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
The only legit complaint about Bitdefender is the slow speeds of their updates.

Outside of that, you are probably self testing BD against a massive amount of malware and discovered a bug.

This does not pertain to average BD users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.