Advice Request Bitdefender Digital Protection ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Hi, I have just purchased this Service, so I don't know much about it, maybe some of you people, know more.?
Any response will be appreciated. :) (y)
Hi, this is a service that according to Bitdefender, extracts data for you automatically from your social media accounts and then scans the deep web for it. If your information has been discovered somewhere, you will be notified and you are then supposed to change your passwords.
This is of course very short and simple explanation.

I think this video might be helpful to better understand the service:

To learn more about the DeepWeb, you can see this article: What is the dark web? How to access it and what you'll find

To find out what's Identity Theft, which is the main danger Bitedefender Digital Identity Protection works against, you can see this article:

For support with the product itself, you can use their support page:

FireHammer

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, @Spawn , yes they did on Majorgeeks, one of my mail has been exposed twice, but it was in 2015-17, it is real impressive what this tool has to offer, you start with putting all your email+phone numbers into the system, and then once in 24 hours it creates a report, Amazing!

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
@fabiobr
From the article that Spawn linked:
Bitdefender is significantly more affordable than many other identity protection services, but it’s also more limited with respect to features.

Norton LifeLock, for example, is one of the most popular and well-respected providers in the industry. Subscriptions are available for $149.99, $249.99, and $349.99 per year, depending on your needs, although each plan costs substantially less for the first year.

That’s obviously much higher than Bitdefender’s $79.99 per year, but LifeLock might be worth the extra money for some users. Instead of simply alerting subscribers to potential threats, Norton LifeLock also helps them recover their funds.

Furthermore, the three subscription tiers come with $25,000, $100,000, and $1 million in identity theft insurance, respectively. Bitdefender users, on the other hand, will have to recover any lost funds on their own after receiving a notification from the provider.
I don't have any experience with these types of services so I can't comment further on it.

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
I also don't have any experience with Bitdefender's Digital protection, but their prices are often discounted. From my Bitdefender's account, digital protection is only 39,99$ for the first year (full price 79,99$). If you try disabling autorenewal in your cart, they offer you to auto-renew at the same price instead of the full price. I didn't finish the transaction, but it's a nice offer for someone interested. I guess that the same discount could be available now from their website.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

What's the difference between this and Lifelock? Which is better?
LifeLock is only available in the US. That's because it relies on Equifax to generate a credit score for you. From what I see in the videos and help files of Bitdefender DIP, it looks like it doesn't care about your credit score. That's why you would be able to use it in more regions. Also, DIP looks easier to setup. Getting started with LifeLock is a whole ritual.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To add to the post above, this is from LifeLock - Wikipedia
In 2017, LifeLock was acquired by computer security company Symantec. In November 2019, after selling its enterprise division to Broadcom, the company was renamed Norton LifeLock; the same year, the company also began to offer versions of its Norton 360 subscription service with LifeLock included.
Hence the chosen product name.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.