BitDefender eats your bandwith

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntvolli

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2015
Hello erverybody,

Perhaps BitDefender provides superior protection, but actually it is not really to use at the time. An old error has resurfaced: BitDefender consumption gradually the bandwidth and so slows surfing. The component Traffic Light has a flaw: It prevents the connections to the servers are terminated once the site visited is left. The connections are closed immediately, but are kept open and get FIN_WAIT2 status. This can be observed with the TCPView tool from Sysinternals very good. Especially this is noticeable when streaming videos. Surfing is gradually slow, the browser reacts slower. This error was actually fixed in version 2015; Now he's back da.Und no, it is not a failure of the firewall, but an error in the webscanner ...

Greets
Olli

Reactions: Kuttz and Kate_L

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Would disabling the TrafficLight in Bitdefender temporarily fix the issue? Also does this bug affect the free TrafficLight extension?

ntvolli

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2015
Disabling the bdtl.dll ( the dll for the trafficlight component) fixes this issue, but it turns down your protection. I do not know, if the TrafficLight extension is affected to, but i guess so.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Disabling the bdtl.dll ( the dll for the trafficlight component) fixes this issue
Do you have a set of instructions for this procedure, or is it simple as disabling the component from inside of Bitdefender settings?

ntvolli

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2015
I will try it, i just got the instructions from the german support...
Start your pc in safemode.
Then rename the file bdtl.dll from the folder: C: \ Program Files \ Bitdefender \ Bitdefender 2016 bdtl.dl_
Then choose the file "update_components.xml" with the right mouse button and select Edit. Replace the 1 with a 0 in the following section: Product enabled = "1"
Then restart your machine in normal mode.

I would be interessted, if your surfing becomes even fast as mine...

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
as of today , is this error still there ? and if it is , and I did disable trafficlight , what can I use to compensate for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.