Bitdefender found this malware Gen:Variant.Razy.796481

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacopo_Ghilardi

Thread author
Dec 22, 2020
Today, following a lecture online of my school this errore from bitdefender. I never had problem with virus and i never pushed some strange link.

file C:\Program Files (x86)\CCDC\rollbackBackupDirectory\C\Program Files (x86)\CCDC\Discovery_2019\Hermes\osgdb_freetype.dll è stato infettato con Gen:Variant.Razy.796481 ed è stato messo in quarantena. Si consiglia di eseguire una scansione di sistema per assicurarsi che il proprio sistema
What could i do to remove that?? and be sure that it's not on my pc?

Reactions: upnorth

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

This may well be a false positive.

Navigate to this page and follow the directives and send the file for a scan,

The file in bold may be in the Bitdefender Quarantine folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CCDC\rollbackBackupDirectory\C\Program Files (x86)\CCDC\Discovery_2019\Hermes\osgdb_freetype.dll

You also have a topic at

I suggest you send a copy of the file to Bitdefender for their review.
You may save some time if confirmed to be a False Positive.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

Is the problem solved?
Can we now closed this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.