Bitdefender Free AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I'd go with Avira Free. Have installed it earlier after my first "checking out/trial" of BD IS/BD AV it to check if the boot speed time is the same with having BD AV 2014 + Comodo Firewall ver7. I remember being asked about Windows Firewall during first install...but forgot to get a snapshot of it. That partition (same setup as of the BD IS / BD AV trial) was snappy and reminded me of EAM + Comodo Firwall ver7.

re: post #18 images
http://malwaretips.com/threads/checking-out-bitdefender-internet-security-2014-performance.25189/

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Its very good if you ask me.. Now they have integrated Avira Protection cloud in the free version, its has got the same protection as their paid version. If you look at AV-comparitives they test Avira Internet security suite but it applies to Avira free as well. They have removed the nagging pop-up ads now.. But you will see once in a while a notification near tray icon, which is acceptable for me.. Only difference between free and paid version is web protection.. You can get Avira browser safety addon as a replacement for the web protection.. Scans are extremely fast and its very light on the system.. Don't install the firewall component with Avira.. There is a discussion in wilders that Avira's firewall and mail protection component significantly increases boot time, which Avira is working right now to resolve the issue. Honestly as I mentioned before, Avira's firewall is useless. All it does is when you click on the firewall it will open windows firewall. There is no control in Avira's interface. So skip the firewall component using custom install... Give it a try and see if you like it..
oho... seems, i must reinstall avira!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.