Bitdefender free good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavehomme

Level 1
Verified
Apr 16, 2014
"the difference is that BD detection rate is superb, unlike the plummeting Avast"

I've been reading the recent AV tests. Avast! is not at the very top tier. But its free edition still performs very respectably alongside the paid AVs in the tests. It does seem, however, that Qihoo is passing it and becoming the best performing free AV.

I would like to see Bitdefender free tested, but you know Bitdefender would be horrified by that.

My understanding is that BD free uses the same engine as paid. The only differences relating to Sonar or whatever they call the new tech relates to speed of scans and resource impact, not the detection. If I am wrong then I would like to see a reference please.

BarryInsider

Apr 21, 2016
I think Bitdefender free version is enough if you are doing basic computer use like watching movies, rarely checking emails and FB. But if you are a high time computer users I would always recommend spending some money in buying premium version.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
And BD AV Plus is at a very agreeable price
39 dollars for 3 PC's 1yr
It averages to about 10 bucks a pc. not bad.
PeAcE

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.